Shallow Water Anchor

B2TB

Have been using 8’ Stick It since getting my Pathy seven years ago. Much easier than anchor and keeps boat a lot cleaner. I hang it under my t-top. Use it fwd, aft, sides depending on the need. Have also used it to drift a chum bag at times and chum to draw bait to cast net for bait. It works.

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 2:07 PM, B2TB said:

Anyone have any experience with a shallow water anchor, either the Power Pole Spike or Stick It Anchor Pin? Since they are 6-10 ft long, it looks easier and  more manageable than staking out with a push pole.

I use an 8' stick anchor all the time along with my power pole.  And before power poles I used it exclusively.  Many companies make them.  I have several and made them myself.  I used to buy 8' long finished glass garden sticks (White).  They are solid glass and 3/4" thick.  Same size as Wang Anchor or the likes.  I had custom "T" handles 3D printed at work. 

Years ago I used to use a push pole but they are hollow and will snap if you bend them too far or get them stuck too far in.  Solid fiberglass rods hold really well and take a lot to break.  I have even seen large center consoles use them at the sand bars with no issues. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 Stick Its for my HPXV18. While stored under the gunnel, they make great tie offs for dock bumpers and they work fine to anchor while fishing. My bass boat has 2 8' PPs and they are great for that boat. I'm for 2 poles of whatever type is used so I can point he boat where I want it. So I like both depending on the intended use. I find myself "anchoring" less with my Maverick than my bass boat so that is one of the reasons I don't use PPs on the flats boat. The other primary reasons are weight and PPs getting in the way when I'm on the polling platform.

• 3 weeks later...