Wabasso/Sebastian

a little breezy out there?  you don't say.  Whitecaps on the river.    LOTS of mullet, finger size and larger, in the Banana.  Almost thick like fall mullet run.  Clean water (no grass), lots of trout.  Good for you on the Snook - been trying but all I'm getting is Trout.  

31 minutes ago, johnd said:

a little breezy out there?  you don't say.  Whitecaps on the river.    LOTS of mullet, finger size and larger, in the Banana.  Almost thick like fall mullet run.  Clean water (no grass), lots of trout.  Good for you on the Snook - been trying but all I'm getting is Trout.  

You are a bit north of me, I fished the barge canal some and caught a good bit of snook a few years ago. I would hit mangrove lines that have drop offs especially where there is moving water. Works down here atleast. I couldnt believe how much bait was out there. No grass here either. No rain seems to help a little, did see a few small patches with fresh sprouts close to spoil islands. 

There are Snook in the Barge - guys using live bait are catching.. I prefer artificial or fly.  Also behind CC Beach in the mangroves.  I too was amazed at the amount of bait.  Lack of rain means much less runoff, should result in better water quality.  SJWM long term studies do show a correlation (does not proof causation) between years of drought and increased growth of seagrass.  Fingers crossed.  All we have is lots of the wide leaf macro algae, but it is holding bait and presumably sucking up nitrogen from the water.  

• Like 1