WTB smallish prop for 90 yamaha

HoneyB

I am looking for a smallish prop for a 90 yamaha. I am trying to line out a 2001 16 redfisher. I have a Power Tech 4 blade that did ok but was still slow to plane I think it is 16 pitch. I see a lot of information about guys going as low as 15 pitch on this boat and motor. jst wondering if anyone has an old prop sitting around, that possbly, they have run on this set up.

I’m not sure if 17 works. The post I find show guys running as low as 15 pitch on this como. How much would you need for the stilletto if I decide to give it a whirl? I have a stilletto 19 with the vent holes that is the last prop I own to trial. At this point I have no confidence it will spin up fast enough on this hull.

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

I must admit the Hewes has been on the back burner with other projects going on. 
 I have a two stroke 90 yamaha. I have discovered that I need to lower the motor. I want to do that before I try to decide on a prop. 
 The boat did have a 16 pitch power tech on it when I bought it. It ran good once on plane but seemed slow to plane. I think it has more to do with getting the little 90 to spin up. Most of the guys here say it takes a 15 pitch to get the motor to spin up and feel more pep out of the hole. Once I lower the motor I’m going to try the 16 four blade once more. 
I had a 70 on a little whaler once and that thing would spin up with the quickness. I guess the 16 Hewes is a bit more boat to launch.