Electrical problem

Hutch03

19 minutes ago, Hutch03 said:

About 50 percent of the time when I hit my trim tabs my sonar goes off. Reboots fine. Any thoughts about this or if you had the problem what was the fix?  2005 pathfinder 2200v with new lowrance unit.
Thanks Hutch

I have had this exact issue on my last boat. The problem is that the wire going from your battery to the fuse block is not heavy enough. When you hit your tabs, it makes a significant electric draw and there is not enough power to get to the sonar. Replace the wire going from the battery to the fuse box or distribution panel with 4/0 or 2/0 tinned marine wire and you will not have anymore current draw issues. 

4 hours ago, Smoak352 said:

I have had this exact issue on my last boat. The problem is that the wire going from your battery to the fuse block is not heavy enough. When you hit your tabs, it makes a significant electric draw and there is not enough power to get to the sonar. Replace the wire going from the battery to the fuse box or distribution panel with 4/0 or 2/0 tinned marine wire and you will not have anymore current draw issues. 

The other solution, which I use, is to wire it to one of the trolling motor batteries directly with an inline fuse.  Smoak352 is correct on the draw...I had a 2005 Pathy and had the exact same problem

DC