There goes my weekend !!!

RacerxV6

Fellow fisherman and boater’s I want to apologize for upsetting anyone out here. My intent on my post was to just vent a little. I don’t mean to get anyone upset or for everyone posting to be upset. The masses usually follow the rules, there are Those that feel they don’t have to and do what that guy did in the video. I myself will follow the law and if my governor says they are closed then I am done until then. A human life is more important than going boating or fishing for a day. Please stay safe. 

• Like 1

Look, everyone is under alotta stress right now. We are navigating uncharted waters, no map, Garmin, no FMT, nothing. Hopefully it will all be over soon and we will be back to our normal lives. But right now we have to do our part. Breath everyone, this site is the only one that has normalcy and common sense when it comes to post's so let's not blow it now! 

• Like 2

Racer,

When you read Mcmasters order you can still stop and fish in SC. The problem is just  getting to the  water. Members of Hobcaw or JIYC can still access the water and fish but absolutely no congragrating or rafting of boats together. Hopefully you have a friend that you fish with has a membership. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RacerxV6 said:

Fellow fisherman and boater’s I want to apologize for upsetting anyone out here. My intent on my post was to just vent a little. I don’t mean to get anyone upset or for everyone posting to be upset. The masses usually follow the rules, there are Those that feel they don’t have to and do what that guy did in the video. I myself will follow the law and if my governor says they are closed then I am done until then. A human life is more important than going boating or fishing for a day. Please stay safe. 

Sorry if my comment derailed it, was not my intent. It is really the only civilized forum I am on, with little to no bickering and everyone is respectful to each other and always helpful.  Agree with muddybottom, everyone is stressed and made to sit “idle” when we arent used to it in our country where the government has little say on us(respectively). Hope you can still get out on the water some how and hope you guys stay safe. No reason not to vent. Could be the only way we stay sane, not going on boats we all spend a ton of time and money on for a passion not many have anything to compare to.  

57 minutes ago, smilemaker said:

Racer,

When you read Mcmasters order you can still stop and fish in SC. The problem is just  getting to the  water. Members of Hobcaw or JIYC can still access the water and fish but absolutely no congragrating or rafting of boats together. Hopefully you have a friend that you fish with has a membership. 

Smilemaker,  thanks. Yes I have a friend who lives on the lake and his Sea Hunt is in the water. We will be striper fishing hopefully soon. 

I am going to apologize for some snarky remarks here but I am a little over whelmed by some of the stupidity of some folks and they ain't on here as a heads up for you guys. Good folks around here for sure!

I Have cancelled all my charters and will refund all deposits. I hope all those folks have a good memory when things settle down.

In the middle of this, my father became very ill and on short order. "not virus related as far as we know"

Lost his ability to stand and care for himself. Him and I will work through his issues and by request I will be his 24/7 care giver at his home. I have learned to quit puking when I'm changing his diapers so things are getting better. He wants me to give him a hair cut tomorrow and I am gonna make him look like he is headed to boot camp. "He likes that thought"

The stress has been huge on my family but things like this are never easy. I will do all in my power to meet his wishes no matter what they are and some have been pretty bizarre. Of all times, I rolled into no flushing toilets at home this evening coming from dads place and my wife crying over it as we are all stressed. "Toilet paper clog" in the main drain to the septic. No shortage on striking paper here.😳

I don't care about any of it but my dad will be taken care of no matter what. I showed him the video I posted here and I can not tell you what he wanted to do to the guy running his mouth. He would have ended up on the wrong end of this man right there and then.

zUBWG2s.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Capt. Troy said:

I don't care about any of it but my dad will be taken care of no matter what. I showed him the video I posted here and I can not tell you what he wanted to do to the guy running his mouth. He would have ended up on the wrong end of this man right there and then.

Captain Troy,  My prayers are with you and your family.  Please thank your Father for me for serving our great nation and allowing my family to live.  MY father passed away several years ago and it is tough.  I pray that you and your family do not have to feel the pain and loss that comes with that.  I still think about him every day.  He was in the C.G. and loved the water!!!  He probably would have done the same as what your father thought to do .  

God bless you, I do know what you are going through and it is hell.  This boating thing will go away and we can get back to our lives hopefully very soon.  I fish solo at times not very many people are up and around and don't do weekend fishing. I love this web site and the attitude we have.  Stay strong through this mess.

• Like 1

Capt. Troy,  I counted it a major Blessing to have been the son that had the privilege of caring for my father the last 16 weeks of his life. God put me in a very difficult situation ( no Job ) and two weeks later my Dad got sick. I Treasure that Time thought it was very difficult at the time. Hang in there. Count it All Joy. Praying for you and your family.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moderator said:

We salute your Father's service, Troy !  Your commitment to his care is typical for your character.  I'm certain he could not be more proud.

Be strong as it gets more difficult. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Marc

I think about you and another guy on here and it scares me for you and your families safety. I know what you guys do!

I worry about all of us as we are headed into uncharted territory.

I recently turned 60 years old and believe I have never felt the anxiety I am feeling every day now. 911 shook me up but this is different.

I have been in a lot of bad situations in my life and survived them. Boat fires, sinking 100 miles offshore, shots fired in an armed robbery resulting in death, fire on an airplane, lost in a swamp, and a snake falling on my head just to name a few.

I have always been afraid of things I can't see.

I just hope the best for this great nation. And I believe in the saying, "what doesn't kill ya makes you stronger"

I feel this will be what happens!

God is always my source of strength and peace for me during unknown times or circumstances.  Worry, anxiety, fear can overwhelm us and control our moves and decisions.  It's interesting that scripture includes so many passages telling us not to fear.  Sometimes, I read these verses and pray them out-loud.  Here are a few:  Isaiah 41:10, Psalm 56:3, Philippians 4:6-7, John 14:27, 2 Timothy 1:7,  Proverbs 12:25, and, of course Psalm 23.  If anyone on the Forum needs prayer, doesn't have a Bible but wants one, or has questions, please message me.  Captain Troy, I am praying for courage for you and strength in caring for your father.  "Do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with your wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9).  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Troy,

God bless you for what your doing for your Dad. So sorry your in this position, not fun at all but as good children we do everything we can for our parents when the time comes.

I did the exact same for my Mom many years ago, 24/7.

As you may recall,  almost 4 years ago I did the same for my wife, Stefi before she passed. I was proud to do it. Together since we were 15, now 71. It does take it’s toll in many ways. Just try and hang in there guy. If you ever need to talk to someone about what your going through and has been there jus reach out to me 24/7. Stef was also in Hospice for a few months. I may be able to answer a few questions you have regarding the banking problems your having, had those problems also. 

What you stated about not getting close to others and chartering is spot on. Not worth it. 

😀🙏 Fin (Dave)

• Like 1

Fin, for the first time I popped him with Morphine last night. He is a tough son of a gun.

I appreciate all of your concerns and normally I don't share my personal business with many folks but you guys are all good in my book. It's a little escape I suppose to post on here

He is hanging in there and I will do my best to meet every wish he has.

I cried a little this morning measuring his Biceps. They were 15 inches 2 years ago and now they are barely 9.

• Like 1

Troy, I did the same with posting during my wife’s declined and passing. It was a great help to me. Yes seeing a loved ones body declining is a terrible thing. Shed many tears watching the wt loss she was having and the loss of communication. You have got to make sometime for yourself. Not good for family or Dad if you don’t make time for YOU. 🙏, fin

• Like 1

My heart goes out to you and your family Troy. I've cared for loved ones before and now my wife and I care for my 92 year old mother-in-law. I had to teach her how to change her colostomy bag. At her age, she doesn't learn to quickly, so that took a while. Talk about a humbling experience. And if all this isn't bad enough, we have to worry about the Virus. They say, "life is a test" and right now we're all being tested, some more than others. Your father is lucky to have you Troy.   

• Like 3

Everyone, thank you for pouring your hearts out in support of Capt. Troy.  When I started this thread I did not plan on it having the impact that it is having now.  God truly is Magnificent and  uses what He needs to get to us.  I am proud to be apart of this forum and to be involved in the conversations that take place.  Capt. Troy, please keep us posted and if you need to talk even though we have never met. You can PM me and I will give you my phone #.  

Thank you Mr. Moderator for allowing this thread to continue.  

God Bless us all !!!!

• Like 2

I too am proud to know the many fine people we have here.  We share our good times, the fun we have, and the smiles on our children's faces.

Yet, life gives us difficult times as well. We are in a really difficult time right now, and some of us have extra burdens.

Feel free to recognize the Veterans who sacrificed so much for the Freedoms we take for granted. Also feel free to offer prayers and good thoughts for the Sapp family

and other Members who are in need of comfort and strength. 

I have not seen any discussions of the Covid virus, but I am sure there are grieving and sick Members.

Initially, we discouraged discussions about religion, politics and sex.  Our quality membership naturally avoids them now.

Marc