Jump to content
RacerxV6

There goes my weekend !!!

Recommended Posts

Looks like us commercial guys are safe from what I have seen.

if you are looking to get on the water and have the ability please look into booking a guide. We, like many others, are taking a hit over this virus.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://governor.sc.gov/news/2020-03/gov-henry-mcmaster-orders-public-access-all-beaches-closed?fbclid=IwAR05daOXkeUmHSFd3yXf3nAuaXeX8tw_4yG4V1fppLyPSBcP5ubrF8DkS6o

Once again, many responsible, considerate citizens suffer because of a few reckless idiots.  This really ***.

At least the fishing guides and folks with private waterfront properties will not be affected.  Glad for them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...and it's an open-ended Executive Order for as long as the State of Emergency lasts.  The closures have no end date, and can only be lifted by another Executive Order!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Lots of peoples weekends are going to be different .

We are all in this together .

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

Amen Brother !!!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RacerxV6 said:

Amen Brother !!!!!

 

Read on another forum, private ramps arent listed. Not sure if there are any near you. Im sure its coming(ramp closures) in my neck of the woods soon enough. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The  members of the yacht clubs on Charleston  harbor are going to have a lot of new friends.

It's a  shame the weekend  fishing will pay the price of the party  crowd, but that seems to be the norm.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"It's a  shame the weekend  fishing will pay the price of the party  crowd, but that seems to be the norm." Smilemaker, that's the way it's always been. And not just on the water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are guides considered commercial fisherman?  I have guide buddy who was informed he wasn’t covered under the “commercial” umbrella. 
 

Charleston, SC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paintman77 said:

Are guides considered commercial fisherman?  I have guide buddy who was informed he wasn’t covered under the “commercial” umbrella. 
 

Charleston, SC

I am working on clarifying that now. From what I have right, now which is not definitive: MTP says yes and Charleston says no. Seems to be inconsistencies with enforcement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are not considered commercial in Florida. Your registration should state for charter in Florida. You are not a provider of food, you are a provider of entertainment. I have shut down as I am not going to absolutely break the social distancing policy. It ain't worth it!

I am not going to fuss at you but you better think long and hard about the implications of the close contact with total strangers on a inshore boat..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paintman77 said:

Are guides considered commercial fisherman?  I have guide buddy who was informed he wasn’t covered under the “commercial” umbrella. 
 

Charleston, SC

Yes, guides and charter's are good to go

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paintman77 said:

Are guides considered commercial fisherman?  I have guide buddy who was informed he wasn’t covered under the “commercial” umbrella. 
 

Charleston, SC

They seem to be in South florida. Might be a state by state or county by county thing.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

😀🤪

17 hours ago, Shallowminded6 said:

Read on another forum, private ramps arent listed. Not sure if there are any near you. Im sure its coming(ramp closures) in my neck of the woods soon enough. 

So just today, a ramp that I am a member of is now following Gov. McMasters request and Portman Marina is also closing to the paying customers.  Folks that are on camp grounds prior to the order are still allowed to be on the water and anyone who has access via there homes are good to go.  Big Water Marina "of which I pay a yearly fee" also states that Marina tenants "of which I am not" are allowed on the water.  I should be able to get a ton of stuff completed at the house and will hit the water when this all blows over.

 

Stay safe fellow boaters.  Good news is I may have my 17' Non-mbg sold.  That means I can start looking at something bigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, smilemaker said:

The  members of the yacht clubs on Charleston  harbor are going to have a lot of new friends.

It's a  shame the weekend  fishing will pay the price of the party  crowd, but that seems to be the norm.

Agreed. Took the wife and kids out. Hung out on an islandand fished by ourselves. Wasnt anyone withing 1/4 mile or so. 

9CA79D2F-9951-42BE-83BC-1DAAC733D59A.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SouthernWake said:

I am working on clarifying that now. From what I have right, now which is not definitive: MTP says yes and Charleston says no. Seems to be inconsistencies with enforcement.

I don't understand people like that that want to challenge stuff.  I mean I get it to a degree.  But when it comes to people living or dying.  Don't be an A.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you  read the governor's order it only refers to commercial fishing. If a guide is a commercial fisherman he would have numerous rules and regulations that he doesn't want. 

I would not push the issue. Common sense  tells you not to have a charter.

In SC it is recommended for Dentists to perform emergency  care only.  Not against the law to do routine dentistry but heaven help you with lawyers and state board if a patient claims he got virus in your office.  You might have to fish for a living.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shallowminded6 said:

They seem to be in South florida. Might be a state by state or county by county thing.  

They are not and are playing games at this point. This is state law and registration.

 

Their time playing this game is limited

 

A registered charter boat in Florida is not a commercial vessel if registered properly. Some may get away with it as dual permit holders.

 

You can not gather if your paying attention and there is no protocol in place for guided trips. The operators and the clients ain't real smart at this point.

 

These are strangers getting in close proximity, not family members.

 

I can't get the Fn bank to deal with matters of my very ill father under hospice care and people want to go play on a charter.

 

By the way, Disney is closed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Shallowminded6 said:

They seem to be in South florida.

Geesh, give South Florida a break! They were in the Pan Handle area of North Florida. And besides, were not all ***holes down here! But if you want to talk stolen boats, maybe it would be in South Florida.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Capt. Troy said:

They are not and are playing games at this point. This is state law and registration.

 

Their time playing this game is limited

 

A registered charter boat in Florida is not a commercial vessel if registered properly. Some may get away with it as dual permit holders.

 

You can not gather if your paying attention and there is no protocol in place for guided trips. The operators and the clients ain't real smart at this point.

 

These are strangers getting in close proximity, not family members.

 

I can't get the Fn bank to deal with matters of my very ill father under hospice care and people want to go play on a charter.

 

By the way, Disney is closed.

I didnt read the order. Just read what others were posting on and local news (TCPALM). Some guides were still going out. Not saying it isnt changing. Maybe the area had more lenient LE or used private ramps I dont know. Not something I would personally do either, or reccomend. Just saying what other people choose to do is what they are doing. I am referencing Treasure Coast FL news. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drove by one of the ramps I use and there are multiple police officers stationed there. I’m out, not operating in that kind of environment.

too bad I did all my maintenance before this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RacerxV6 said:

I don't understand people like that that want to challenge stuff.  I mean I get it to a degree.  But when it comes to people living or dying.  Don't be an A.

Not trying to challenge anything/one, just get an answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...