Guest ProCharge not charging

Marlinsurfteam

I have a Guest Pro Charge 24v charger on my MA  that stopped charging recently.   Batteries were replaced last summer.   When I connect to a power source, I'm getting a delayed indicator light.   The green (charged) light eventually comes on but it starts out very dim at first.  The normal lighting sequence has been:  red(charging), red and green (finishing charge), and green ( fully charged).   Any thoughts or suggestions as what might going on here?

17 hours ago, Marlinsurfteam said:

I have a Guest Pro Charge 24v charger on my MA  that stopped charging recently.   Batteries were replaced last summer.   When I connect to a power source, I'm getting a delayed indicator light.   The green (charged) light eventually comes on but it starts out very dim at first.  The normal lighting sequence has been:  red(charging), red and green (finishing charge), and green ( fully charged).   Any thoughts or suggestions as what might going on here?

How old is the charger?

Did you insure all the connections are fully seated.

dc

The boat is a 2003 model and I would imagine that the charger is original equipment.   I put a volt meter on both batteries yesterday and registered a little over 12v on each battery.  Disconnected the charger leads to each battery post and tested with the charger plugged in.   Volt meter reading was just under 14v on the charger leads.   Reconnected everything and charger went straight to green.    However, the battery strength indicator on the trolling motor is only showing 3/4 charge.   The trolling motor is less than two years old.   It's a MinKota  Terrova.   Thanks.

I would load test the batteries before doing anything. Make sure they are up to par. Although there not very old it does not cost anything to have them tested. Your local Advanced Auto  or Auto Zone can do that for you. Take your battery's and have them Load tested. If they test good then the charger may have an issue. 

Voltage readings will vary along the length of  a wire depending on  gauge connections and distance. The reading at the TM will always read lower than actual at the batteries.  The gauge is useful as a relative reading but if you see a big difference you  may have a wiring problem. 

What is the highest voltage you can get the batteries to and how much does it drop over time. Does it hold above 12.5 for hrs.

Using words such as a little over or under makes it harder to diagnose.

1 hour ago, jh141 said:

Take a look at all your trolling motor connections. Make sure the plug at the bow is not damaged. 

Agreed. I had my trolling motor wire get caught in the mount, and broke the insulation, well after noticing my trolling motor not performing like she did I checked everything up to male plug AND then female plug to motor and found the issue. I had a breaker partially pop and cause a low voltage issue. 

• Like 1