Awesome day of redfishing in Tampa Bay!

linesider 159

Had an awesome day of redfishing, this video is only from 1 hour of filming! We caught so many fish we couldn't keep count. Over the past 3 days the spot has produced over 100 fish for us. With the biggest around 30 inches.

I got delayed in editing the video because it crashed halfway so I had to start completely over after spending 5 hours editing.

Enjoy the video! At 3:07 you can see a beautiful double of big top slot redfish

I didnt, but we did think about it. We were going to switch to gulp when we ran out of 4 dozen shrimp, but the tide stopped and bite shut down right as we ran out. We had to start pinching shrimp in half because we were running low.

I don't normally fish live/dead bait, but the fish in upper bay have been very scattered on the lower tide so we wanted to take advantage of any high water we had. The day before we were sight fishing and had over 50 shots at fish and only 1 bite. So that's why we got shrimp the next day.

Agreed. Several went up to the bait, nudged it, and turned away. Just not wanting to eat. I rarely fish anything but artificial, but right now the good tide is so small to catch I have to make it worth it.

Buying shrimp isn't cheap, luckily I get a good deal through a few guide buddies which makes it much cheaper.

With this wind I haven't even gone north of Courtney campbell

Archived