New 2005 TRS!

fishburne3

• 1 month later...

Have just bumped over the 10 hr mark and so haven't really put her through the paces yet. Will have a much better report once the Charleston spring weather opens up soon here. But so far I'll says these things:

- get the 150 motor

- its going to take a while to find the sweet spot with this hull length, weight in combo with the jackplate. 

- moderate chop is handled with ease. Real test will be later in spring taking her out in the harbor

- floats in 12" with 4 men and full gear, 1/2 tank fuel

- MBG laid this thing out really well. Easy to move around in. Doesn't get cramped with 3 or 4 fishing. Tons of storage. Opt for the duel live wells. 

• 1 month later...

fishburne3, I too am a new owner in Charleston (got it from Palmetto). Same setup except I got the 115 and Sardinia green hull. Been out 12 miles in the gulf of mexico, no problem and it was flat. Went out Tuesday to the jetties 1-3' chop, she was fine and the minn-kota kept me right on the south jetty. Looking forward to some better weather, hoping next Tuesday I can get out to some reefs. Got about 30 hours on her. I moved up from a Carolina Skiff, loving the way she rides. I'll be on the lookout for you!

14 hours ago, camslap said:

fishburne3, I too am a new owner in Charleston (got it from Palmetto). Same setup except I got the 115 and Sardinia green hull. Been out 12 miles in the gulf of mexico, no problem and it was flat. Went out Tuesday to the jetties 1-3' chop, she was fine and the minn-kota kept me right on the south jetty. Looking forward to some better weather, hoping next Tuesday I can get out to some reefs. Got about 30 hours on her. I moved up from a Carolina Skiff, loving the way she rides. I'll be on the lookout for you!

Nice. A new one or the green one he had on the lot? You trailered this boat to the gulf of mex? I had 19 hrs on her after i was finished saturday. Good little chop around the bridge and up the Wando but this thing really does ride well. Our neighborhood landings stayed shut down the whole time until last weekend and I've been slammed working the weekdays so I wish I'd been on the water more! Only issue i may have is when weight is on the back while at rest, I think valves are failing a bit on scuppers and the drain hoses are leaking because I'm getting a good bit of water in the bilge. Will probably add some Rabuds but will also have Palmetto check the hoses for leaks when go in for 20 hr. 

2 hours ago, fishburne3 said:

Nice. A new one or the green one he had on the lot? You trailered this boat to the gulf of mex? I had 19 hrs on her after i was finished saturday. Good little chop around the bridge and up the Wando but this thing really does ride well. Our neighborhood landings stayed shut down the whole time until last weekend and I've been slammed working the weekdays so I wish I'd been on the water more! Only issue i may have is when weight is on the back while at rest, I think valves are failing a bit on scuppers and the drain hoses are leaking because I'm getting a good bit of water in the bilge. Will probably add some Rabuds but will also have Palmetto check the hoses for leaks when go in for 20 hr. 

The green one they had on the lot in Mt. Pleasant. Trailered it about nine hours to St George Island, FL before the lockdown happened. I haven't had any problems with water yet. Let me know what you end up doing for the fix, just in case I need it down the road. What is your top speed with the 150? I hope I don't regret that one day. I fish solo or with one other guy so I keep the weight to a minimum. Cruising with five people was fine with the 115. Loving this boat! 

On 4/24/2020 at 11:20 AM, camslap said:

The green one they had on the lot in Mt. Pleasant. Trailered it about nine hours to St George Island, FL before the lockdown happened. I haven't had any problems with water yet. Let me know what you end up doing for the fix, just in case I need it down the road. What is your top speed with the 150? I hope I don't regret that one day. I fish solo or with one other guy so I keep the weight to a minimum. Cruising with five people was fine with the 115. Loving this boat! 

Got out yesterday on some near shore reefs. NOAA was right 2-3' with a 4' every so often. She ran well at 4400 RPM making 23 MPH. Got to the reef off Stono. Found Spanish, tons of weakfish, and had a 2.5' cobia at the side of the boat, couldn't get the net fast enough and lost it. Had a great time and the boat was awesome!

@camslap Good to know it handled great offshore. Maybe we buddy up one day; but I will probably stay inshore 99% of the time as I love getting skinny and trying my hand with a fly rod now and again. TBH, I would have bought a maverick but this pathy is so versatile and a great compromise for the family. Took the dragonfly paddleboard up in the creeks on backside of DI yesterday. Super nice day.

• 1 year later...