Shallowminded6

Difference in Hewes hulls

While looking for parts and numerous other things such as talk in threads. It lead me to a question. What is the difference between the 18’ Light tackle and the 18’ Redfisher? Is there one? I have searched the web and could not find anything. I have a 2000 18’ LT (no laps) so I was told it is one of the first CAD hulls which was the same as the Redfisher??

I am pretty sure the LT18 became the new Redfisher hull in 2001. Flip up rear seat, recessed trim tabs, larger and wider than the lapstrake model. Also a few hundred pounds heavier. Great boat!

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 8:57 AM, Drummer said:

I am pretty sure the LT18 became the new Redfisher hull in 2001. Flip up rear seat, recessed trim tabs, larger and wider than the lapstrake model. Also a few hundred pounds heavier. Great boat!

Sounds about right I have an 02 Red Fisher LT.

• Like 1

So what's the difference with the Bayfisher, I was always under the impression that my Bayfisher is just a stripped down Redfisher.  No carpet under the gunnel and lacks factory courtesy lights as well as a couple things.  Mine is a 2001 18 bayfisher and I just don't see many around like it and it seems to have more "cockpit" than newer Redfishers, no recessed tabs but it is the widebody, 18'10" long and 7'11" wide.  Awesome boat and it doesn't show up on insurance rolls because it says the Bayfisher only goes to 2000 but the HIN clearly ends in 01. Excuse the scum line that pic was taken after a week of ole girl being in the water.

IMG_0032.jpg