Difference in Hewes hulls

Shallowminded6

While looking for parts and numerous other things such as talk in threads. It lead me to a question. What is the difference between the 18’ Light tackle and the 18’ Redfisher? Is there one? I have searched the web and could not find anything. I have a 2000 18’ LT (no laps) so I was told it is one of the first CAD hulls which was the same as the Redfisher??

• 3 months later...

So what's the difference with the Bayfisher, I was always under the impression that my Bayfisher is just a stripped down Redfisher.  No carpet under the gunnel and lacks factory courtesy lights as well as a couple things.  Mine is a 2001 18 bayfisher and I just don't see many around like it and it seems to have more "cockpit" than newer Redfishers, no recessed tabs but it is the widebody, 18'10" long and 7'11" wide.  Awesome boat and it doesn't show up on insurance rolls because it says the Bayfisher only goes to 2000 but the HIN clearly ends in 01. Excuse the scum line that pic was taken after a week of ole girl being in the water.

IMG_0032.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 5/4/2020 at 1:52 PM, meckles said:

So what's the difference with the Bayfisher, I was always under the impression that my Bayfisher is just a stripped down Redfisher.  No carpet under the gunnel and lacks factory courtesy lights as well as a couple things.  Mine is a 2001 18 bayfisher and I just don't see many around like it and it seems to have more "cockpit" than newer Redfishers, no recessed tabs but it is the widebody, 18'10" long and 7'11" wide.  Awesome boat and it doesn't show up on insurance rolls because it says the Bayfisher only goes to 2000 but the HIN clearly ends in 01. Excuse the scum line that pic was taken after a week of ole girl being in the water.

IMG_0032.jpg

Not sure. I run into the same thing with mine. Part of what made me ask the question. Looks like the deck and layout is the exact same. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/4/2020 at 1:52 PM, meckles said:

IMG_0032.jpg

yours looks like its missing the front two storage hatches compared to my 01 RF18 but other than that looks very similar.