Pathfinder 2200v prop size

I have an ‘04 2200V tournament Pathfinder with a 200hp HPDI Vmax. With a full tower, there is a bit of extra weight and wind resistance. I’m currently running a 3-blade 14”x21” prop, and only getting about 5400RPMs. Also, not a lot of grip in turns. I’m thinking I need to go to a 4-blade and lowering the pitch. Any suggestions?

B2F0DF7A-D5EB-44A9-BA1F-FA2FBF501FD2.jpeg

I know I’m in the minority around here but I love mercury props. There are thee different props that I have experience running on my 2200trs with t top. 
The Enertia and tempest plus are great 3 blade props. They provide great lift and can be bought in 19 pitch. 
the Bravo 1fs is awesome four blade prop that will fly . It comes in 20 but would probably turn the same rpm as a tempest plus 19. 

17 hours ago, HoneyB said:

I know I’m in the minority around here but I love mercury props. There are thee different props that I have experience running on my 2200trs with t top. 
The Enertia and tempest plus are great 3 blade props. They provide great lift and can be bought in 19 pitch. 
the Bravo 1fs is awesome four blade prop that will fly . It comes in 20 but would probably turn the same rpm as a tempest plus 19. 

What max rpm are you getting from them and mph. And I see your running a T not Twr.

My boat is a 2200TRS. The engine is 200 SHO. With the tempest plus and the enertia I was running 5700 to 5800 rpm. I think the tempest plus I had was a little tall in pitch at 21 but man it lifted my boat out of the water and ran at about 53mph. The enertia 19 was very comparable and I think the rpm might have been 100 higher. 
I have sense flashed the engine so the prop hunt started all over again. Now I get the 21 tempest to Turn up more rpm and I run a 4 blade bravo 1fs 22 pitch... my boat runs 62/63mph with a t top. 

• 1 year later...