Tampa Fishing Early May

Ksayles44

My wife and I are traveling to Tampa area for a wedding on May 2nd and we are staying a couple of extra days. I'd like to get a fishing charter and wanted to know what would be going on during that time of year. My wife doesn't fish and I'm not sure if she wants to go but it would be nice. Any ideas?

• 3 months later...
On 1/8/2020 at 9:02 PM, pondfisher said:

Try Capt. Troy Sapp. Word on the street is he’s pretty good... 

Thanks for the plug but I am not running any trips until this issue settles down. Not sure that it wise to try and social distance on a flats boat unless I drag you behind the boat. Way to risky for me and you to be entertaining strangers and handling equipment among ourselves all day. There are some that are running but I am trying to do the responsible thing even though it's killing me this time of year.

Thanks for thinking of me Pondfisher.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 9:06 AM, Ksayles44 said:

Thanks for the replies. I was curious on the tarpon timing. I have done 0 fishing in Florida so it will all be new to me. 

It is a little early for tarpon but there “should” be some around to catch.

If nothing else go catch some snook, they are always fun

I grew up in St Pete and can give you some fishing ideas for that side of the bay If needed.