Drain hose replacement 2003 19V Pathfinder

19V2003

I have a 2003 19V Pathfinder and love the boat.  When I wash it I keep accumulating water in the bilge.  I have sealed off my cheesegrater and have plugged off all ports to my live well.  Thus I assume the water is coming from a leak in my drain hoses.  I am not sure how Pathfinder installed the drain fittings in the cockpit.  The exit drain fittings seem pretty straight forward however where the hoses connect to the cockpit is another matter.  I suppose the the stainless fittings in the boat were put in with 5200 to seal them.  My question is:  Is it possible to remove the rear portion of the hose and break loose the cockpit fitting and pull the hose out and replace and then reattach fitting with 5200.  I have seen where some people install 6 inch pie holes next to the drain hose in order to get access to the clips attaching the hose.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. 

• 6 months later...

I have the same boat.  I also have a problem with water in the bilge.  My boat gets bilge water 2 different ways.  The 1st way is through the front hatches L & R and the anchor area.  I noticed this when I did a deep clean and hosed down the carpets in these areas.   2nd way is anytime I run the live well [located port side , aft corner]  The water splashes over the top of the well (inside, under the hatch cover).  The splashed live well water goes directly into the bilge.  My bilge pump kicks on constantly when I have bait in the well and seas are choppy which causes more splashing.  The only way this can be fixed is to seal the well at the inside top area.  I can also spray water in the well with a hose and if I spray near the top it gets into the bilge.

• 3 months later...

I still have the problem but 100% convinced the bilge water comes from the live well when it's full and the boat is under way or to a lessor degree when washing down and water is hosed into the front hatches.  The live well being the main culprit.   The fix is to seal the well at the top on all 4 sides.  I just have not figured out an easy way.  As long as I KNOW where the water is coming from it makes it less worrisome.  Good luck.  Gary