Little Rabbit Key

Some buddies and I want to camp on Little Rabbit in a month or two.  I have beach camped on the cape and wanted to try something different.  Has anyone stayed on Little Rabbit?  I've only looked at it on map and read a couple threads online.  We plan on having three boats and three medium size tents.  Wondering about room?  It doesn't appear to have much cleared area for tents, but that could be just perception on a map.  Any help, suggestions or recommendations are appreciated! 

Thanks!

Kevin

Have not been there this year but there was plenty of room. The problem,  I have seen the cleared area down to the dock with 2 inches of water on it. Not sure if the entire area will flood on a high tide and what kind of tide is needed to flood it but it is a concern.  The alternative could be Johnson Island Chicki. 

17 hours ago, jh141 said:

Have not been there this year but there was plenty of room. The problem,  I have seen the cleared area down to the dock with 2 inches of water on it. Not sure if the entire area will flood on a high tide and what kind of tide is needed to flood it but it is a concern.  The alternative could be Johnson Island Chicki. 

That would definitely be an issue for a ground tent!  Thanks for the info.  Looks like I need to do some more research. 

The camping is further inside towards the middle of the island and cleared--plenty of room for 3 tents. That area is dry. As jh said, it does flood down towards where ya dock the boats, and gets muddy. Also, can get crowded on winter weekends--not everyone follows the rules with permits (being so close to the Keys). Tight lines!

8 hours ago, telltail said:

The camping is further inside towards the middle of the island and cleared--plenty of room for 3 tents. That area is dry. As jh said, it does flood down towards where ya dock the boats, and gets muddy. Also, can get crowded on winter weekends--not everyone follows the rules with permits (being so close to the Keys). Tight lines!

Gotcha.  Thanks a lot