Quick Keys Trip with Family. Looking for recommendations.

rubble

I’m going to take my family over to the Keys for a few days during our Holiday break.  We are staying in Naples for several days with family and then just going to head over to check out some bucket list items.  Probably 2 nights.  Rough plans...

Day-1:  Leave Naples early a.m. and head to Key Largo to swim with the Dolphin.  May stay in the Islamorada area so we can clean up after our swim and then visit Robbies, Art Village and maybe check out World Wide Sportsman.  Cap evening off with Chef Michaels.  Maybe stay at Breezy or Lime Tree Bay Resort if either have rooms.

Day-2:  Early rise and head to KW.  Hit MM-0 for Pics and Southernmost Point.  Then check out Duval street.  Lunch wherever recommended.  Probably hit Sloppy Joe’s at some point.  More sightseeing.  Sunset at Mallory Point.  Not sure where we would stay; in town or head back up the Keys and maybe stay in the Mid Keys again.

Day-3: Ease back to Naples.  

Would appreciate any recommendations on what to visit, where to stay and Eat.  

• 3 weeks later...

Man the Keys were stacked full of visitors.  Whodathunk there would be so many people there the day after Christmas?  

We went to Kon-Tiki to check in.  Was definitely Old FL.  Thanks for the recommendation Mr. Outlaw.  We had reservations at Chef Michael’s but decided to cancel because we didn’t think we’d make it back from The Dolphin Research Center in time to clean up and get there.  Looked a little fancy.  We opted for come as you are and went to Lorelei.  They were packed so headed to Square Grouper.  Was great.  Then Green Turtle Inn for Key Lime Pie and cocktails.  Great place.  

Next day took our time and had breakfast at Mangrove Mike’s.  Very good breakfast spot.  Headed to Key West for all of the tourist stuff.  It is what it is.  Saw the sunset and headed North back to Lorelei’s. Nice band and drinks.  Food wasn’t bad either.  Have no interest to go back to the Keys for anything other than to Fish and that is definitely on the bucket list.  Kon-Tiki would be a perfect home base to hit the Keys and head to the ENP.  

Last stop the morning we left was Made 2 Order for breakfast.  Outstanding!

You FL guys sure have it made down here with all of these fishing opportunities.  

C0C045BF-DA1F-46AF-8A20-81F76BE22456.jpeg

Yes Sir I made that Christmas week mistake once, never again!! I guess I'm getting too old but those crowds just kill me!! Happy you had fun though :) 

I hear Pepe, who owned Lazy Days, after he sold the Islamorada place he has opened a restaurant in Key Largo, I think it's "The Lazy Lobster". Hear it's pretty good, however no views like the place in Islamorada. Anyone with reviews let us know.