Merc spitfire x-7 / 18 hpx-v (2017)

Revitup!

I have a 2017 18 hpx-v with a standard F115 . The boat came from the dealer with a 23p powertech. With no trolling motor and 1 person this was obviously was still to much prop. Borrowed a Merc. Laser 21p but still not the right setup. 45 max at 5900rpms and crazy slip in turns. After reading suggestions on this forum I purchased a x7-21p and I now finally love my boat. 51mph at 5900 rpm, with me a live well full of shrimp and trolling mo setup!. The prop holds in turns and took away the sensitivity to trim and I now have great hole shot! This prop absolutely woke my boat up!  IMG_0344.thumb.jpeg.49b0187c585f7c853e9d352840f5f219.jpeg 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/22/2019 at 7:21 PM, Revitup! said:

After reading suggestions on this forum I purchased a x7-21p and I now finally love my boat. 51mph at 5900 rpm, with me a live well full of shrimp and trolling mo setup!. The prop holds in turns and took away the sensitivity to trim and I now have great hole shot! This prop absolutely woke my boat up!

Congrats!  Good to hear it worked out well for you too!  Since there is a significant difference in top end RPM between the SpitFire X7 17, 19 & 21, I wish Mercury would make a 18 pitch and 20 pitch Spitfire X7 as well.  The 18 pitch would be the Goldilocks prop for my RF 16 with the VF115.