8 vs 10ft powerpole on hewes redfisher 18

Squanto10

Just curious, anyone on here running a 10ft blade on their 18 hewes redfisher? Currently I have an 8ft, but am contemplating replacing with a 10 so I can anchor in all of my spots regardless of tides. Just don’t know how it’ll look/function with the blade sticking up 2ft higher. Any pics would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

3 hours ago, Squanto10 said:

Just curious, anyone on here running a 10ft blade on their 18 hewes redfisher? Currently I have an 8ft, but am contemplating replacing with a 10 so I can anchor in all of my spots regardless of tides. Just don’t know how it’ll look/function with the blade sticking up 2ft higher. Any pics would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

If you don't pole it doesn't matter.....bigger is better for Powerpole...I have dual 8's and love'm, but, I should have gone dual 10's...

dc

On 11/8/2019 at 5:02 PM, Squanto10 said:

I ran 10's on a master angler few years ago. Ran 8's thought I wanted longer, ran 10s, didn't like them so back to 8s. I will see if I can dig up some photos. I thought I needed longer but the 10s don't hold as well as they 8's or didn't then. Too much flex in shallow water. The grasshopper leg effect for lack of better terms. If they don't deploy deep enough they are too much of and angle like grass hop legs and they flex a lot.The 8's excelled for me in 1.5 to 6' of water and thats my majority.  I find I use the Rhodan to anchor in anything deeper so the 10's just didn't impress me. It could be they have improved the stiffness to minimize the hopper leg effect too though but them suckers are tall.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/11/2019 at 10:06 AM, AdamG843 said:

I went with dual 10's. The pic makes it seem like they are higher above the platform than they are. After I got them I thought they looked to tall and would get in the way but I haven't found myself thinking that while fishing.

Hope this helps.

57273850294__40A6E487-CD5E-4B86-9DA3-5AB740D7666F.jpg

On 11/11/2019 at 10:06 AM, AdamG843 said:

I went with dual 10's. The pic makes it seem like they are higher above the platform than they are. After I got them I thought they looked to tall and would get in the way but I haven't found myself thinking that while fishing.

Hope this helps.

57273850294__40A6E487-CD5E-4B86-9DA3-5AB740D7666F.jpgWell the time has come to finally replace my 8ft powerpole sportsman. The pump finally blew and it’s not worth replacing.  Is there anyway you could post another picture of how your looks with those 10ft blades from a different angle? I’m really wanting the 10s because of where I fish the water is in that 7-8ft depth where my old 8 struggled in areas. That or switch over to the new 12ft talon. Very reluctant to do so because of all of the negative reviews but it’s selling me on the height while not deployed. If the 10s aren’t in the way that bad I’d like to stay with powerpole. 

• 3 weeks later...