price on maverick 17 master angler.

hey guys. just asking for an opinion on what price you would buy this boat for.

2002 maverick master angler 17.

-brand new 42 gallon aluminum tank from sunshine. along with all new fuel hoses.

-new deck

-new non skid

-motor guide trolling motor with bracket.

-4 ft power pole pro series 2

- full audio system. JL audio two 6.5 m series, two 7.7 m series speakers, 400/4 JL amp, fusion radio with NMEA connected to gps.

- Garmin 7 inch 74CV with transducer.

- 3 gemlux pop up cleats

- 2005 yamaha 150 4-stroke with 2073 hours. compression is excellent and motor is in immaculate condition. only rec fuel ran on the boat.

-onboard charger for trolling motor battery and electronics battery( 3 batteries total on this boat.)

-lenco trim tabs

- livewell

-release well

-EVERY SINGLE wire, cable and pump is new on this boat.

-boat master trailer.

boat is completely re done and all done, updated October 2019.

Are you selling or buying ? 
 That boat sounds like it would command in the mid to upper teens. Not often do upgrades to wiring and such ad value to the boat. It’s just do things work when I push this button yes or no? Honestly the same goes for the tank. Sure it’s great to tell the seller it cost dollars but really it does not change the fact the boat is year model xxxx. 
 The boat sounds nice for sure . It has a four stroke which is a real adder because some people will not buy a 2 stroke. 

If you look here and on the hull truth classifieds you will see about 90% of the boats have an update that says price reduced. If you are considering buying that boat just know if you pay for all the recent upgrades, three years from now the upgrades are not new anymore. If you are selling the boat remember it had wires and fuel tank in it already. Replacing broken or old parts does not make it a 2019 year model boat. 

Disclaimer..... others may say I’m full of crap and it’s worth 25 grand 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HoneyB said:

Disclaimer..... others may say I’m full of crap and it’s worth 25 grand

Could be....but, not saying you are full of crap :)

Again, if it's a perfectly refurbed boat, with new wiring ($2K) new tank ($2K)..good stereo system ($1K)..it brings it up from $15K - 20K but the negatives are 4 foot power power - $2K and garmin (1.5k).....so, I'd say a decent sale would be $15-20K depending on the boat's condition.

If the buyer is asking $25K....reality will set in after it's on the market for 30-45 days with no bites.....

In all seriousness, the value is in the eye of the beholder.....if it's a cream puff and in good shape....you may decide to pay more....if "that's" the skiff you want...but, not $25K out of the box.

DC

• Like 1

The prior 2 post are spot on. IMO once you go under $20K on a Master Angler it's all about timing, 17' vs 18'  & who shows up with cash. If I had to guess this is your boat and you're going to sell soon and in your mind your number is high...LOL. Do your research and you'll see that the 17's don't "Sell" for over $20K often. Most of them that are asking $25K + have been recently re-powered.  Bottom line, how soon do you need to sell vs how much would you really take??? Ask $19,000 or offer $16,000.

Good luck and you should post some pics and you'll get lots of IMO's........which is great real world feedback on here. 

• Like 2

I currently own the boat. not going to sell it for another couple years. was just curious on how much it will be worth once done. its in the fiberglass shop right now waiting on the new tank to be delivered. after it will go back to the rigging shop to get all new electronics and wiring. ill post before and after pictures once its done so you guys can see the transformation.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, duncanc15 said:

I currently own the boat. not going to sell it for another couple years. was just curious on how much it will be worth once done. its in the fiberglass shop right now waiting on the new tank to be delivered. after it will go back to the rigging shop to get all new electronics and wiring. ill post before and after pictures once its done so you guys can see the transformation.

That's really cool you're getting that done on a legend of a boat. It's not about making a profit on these anymore. Buy it, make it your own, enjoy the opportunity to own a legend and when you're ready to move on you will almost always will be fine with what you can get out of them. Of course guys get very emotional when they put so much in these, but they are a depreciated item. They're very, very few boats that are 20 years old that can hold their value like the MA's!

I look forward to seeing it.