Rum review... Papas PILAR

SSN651

4 hours ago, SSN651 said:

I splurged on a bottle (very nice bottle with a chained cap BTW) for obvious reasons. It's a very nice rum, dark with a good flavor and aftertaste. I recommend it and after you finish it off, save the bottle for a display.

Chuck  😀

If you really want to splurge....go Rum Zacapa XO :)

or one of the Zacapa "special labels"

Pillars is a good rum with lots of advertising hype....especially now in South Florida...but, Diplomatico from Vez or some of the high end Rums from the Dominican, Panama and/or Nicaragua will knock your socks off....Nothing like a good Havana Club 7 year old to begin the weekend with a Cuba Libre :)

dc

• Like 2

On 10/8/2019 at 7:56 AM, Moderator said:

21 Year Old Bushmills single malt Irish Whiskey! I will sit back and sip on heaven while you guys drink swill! LOL 😉

If you’ve never tried any of the Blanton’s that gets sent only to Japan, you’re missing out. Incredible stuff. My favorite is the black label.  I’ve picked up a few different bottles of bourbon this past week. One was a barrel pick (Knob Creek - 15yr) by a local store. It’s 120 proof, but very drinkable (neat, or cut with water).  

690AD73E-00FA-4941-A736-5B6759067FB3.jpeg

A3B6E16D-B435-4377-A495-F53D467A0A34.jpeg

Been into sipping rums lately rather than whiskey... meaning to try some Pilar.  My favorite so far is Zaya 12 year - NOT their 12 rum blend, which is horrible and confusing enough that the local rum bar even switched em up on me.  

My go to daily sipping rum is Flora de Cana 7 year.  Very good and reasonable priced.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...