Prop for an etec 90 on a bonefisher

StPeteBonefisher

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, StPeteBonefisher said:

Would you suggest going with a 13 x 17? I have never re-propped and I have no clue... ha

What make/model, diameter and pitch prop is on the motor now?  Or, is the motor new and you've never ran it?  If you can tell us how the boat performs with the current prop (max RPM at WOT, trimmed up, etc.), we can better advise you on which prop might work better for you.  There are experts near you who know exactly what you need as well.  Marcus at Powertech Propellers (Funky Monkey on this forum).  Ken at Prop Gods has loaner props to try before you buy.  Hope this helps.

On 12/31/2019 at 5:03 PM, geeviam said:

What make/model, diameter and pitch prop is on the motor now?  Or, is the motor new and you've never ran it?  If you can tell us how the boat performs with the current prop (max RPM at WOT, trimmed up, etc.), we can better advise you on which prop might work better for you.  There are experts near you who know exactly what you need as well.  Marcus at Powertech Propellers (Funky Monkey on this forum).  Ken at Prop Gods has loaner props to try before you buy.  Hope this helps.

I'll look at the prop when I get home to determine what's on there now. It's a brand new motor with an aluminum prop and I know I'll be able to get better performance with a SS prop. I'm getting 39mph at 5100 rpm. I want to reprop it and carry around the aluminum one as a spare. 

Still don't know if it is 3 blade or 4, 5100 RPM is not bad but there is another 100 to 300 to squeeze out of it. Who installed the engine? Is the height correct? I think a 19 pitch is a little steep, 17 should get you where you want to be. Check with prop shops, they may loan props to you and when you decide to buy you but from them, can't hurt to ask.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StPeteBonefisher said:

Thanks for your help. I’ll look at a 17. Gulf marine of Clearwater installed it. 

From the numbers you are getting with the 19 pitch 3-blade, I think a 13 x 17 4-blade Rogue (or Rubex) is going to be too much prop for the Etec 90, to reach its optimum power curve and RPM range.  IMO, a better match for your setup would be one of these:

3-blade (for best speed and fuel economy):  Michigan Wheel Apollo XHS, 13.25 x 17, model # 993144, with hub kit # 206

4-blade (for best hole-shot and grip):  Solas Rubex HR 4, 13.25 x 16, model # 9453-133-16, with hub kit # RBX-106

3 hours ago, geeviam said:

From the numbers you are getting with the 19 pitch 3-blade, I think a 13 x 17 4-blade Rogue (or Rubex) is going to be too much blade surface for the Etec 90, to reach its optimum power curve and RPM range.  IMO, a better match for your setup would be one of these:

3-blade (for best speed and fuel economy):  Michigan Wheel Apollo XHS, 13.25 x 17, model # 993144, with hub kit # 206

4-blade (for best hole-shot and grip):  Solas Rubex HR 4, 13.25 x 16, model # 9453-133-16, with hub kit # RBX-106

Thank you very much for your time to respond. I’ll take a look at the two options 

• Like 1