Fishing in the rain...

fishmanjj

Well, my fishing buddy met me at the landing at 6:30 AM ready to go....we were going to fish the last of incoming tide, throwing some top water lures and then switching to screwtails. At 6:55 on the first drop, the rain started..... we had caught one trout at that time....put on rain gear and continued....then the wind came....with more rain....finally around high tide the rain stopped. We had caught three trout ( two of those were short ) and one keeper Redfish. After several more drops , we managed two keeper trout and two keeper Redfish before the next heavy rains came...

we decided to head in, dry off and have lunch....when we got to the landing....our two trucks were the only two trucks at the landing. You can draw your on conclusion....but, ours was....” we worked all week...and wanted to go fishing “. JJ

here is a pic of our efforts.... one 14” trout, one 16” trout and two keeper Redfish....  fish tacos for dinner. 

87B37D0A-0A56-4B37-91C0-917A6FFD38B4.jpeg

• Like 3

On 8/18/2019 at 9:25 AM, fishmanjj said:

our two trucks were the only two trucks at the landing. You can draw your on conclusion....

Yeah...I think they are trying to tell you something!!! :)  Been there and done that and on more than one occasion with no fish to show for it!