DblPly

2016 Islamorada OT - The Big Three-O

I'm still 3rd on a slip so hang in there. Scray thing is I NEED a slip since I am coming down by boat. Fingers still crossed.

SS - Kon Tiki is a close option and they have slips usually that time of year. It is Bayside but not far. Where are you driving your boat from?

What about The Sands, it is just North of Breezy Palms. Any one have info on this place. I believe they have availability for that weekend. I'm thinking of booking. I'm on waiting list at Breezy but don't want to wait and not find something else close by.

Does anyone know when we can register online? As you can see, I'm pretty anxious to go. lol Just checked again and still 3rd on the list for a boat slip. Arggggg! Still holding out hope, just need the people that are not going to cancel with the hotel.

Eligible Specis: Trout, Redfish, Snook, Tarpon, Cobia, Grouper, Snapper

Hopefully some tuna, mahi, wahoo, kings, can be added.  

Just got our 2 tickets!   

Can't wait.  

• Like 1

On 6/7/2016 at 1:07 PM, Headhunter said:

I don't want to sound stupid but when we buy tickets how does MBG know it's me?

Your name is on the tickets, or at least mine since I paid by Paypal.  I also got printed tickets.

When you buy tickets it says either (boat +1 attendee) and then additional attendees. SOOOOO I'm assuming you would only purchase 1 ticket for the boat and the +1 attendee(captain) and then additional tickets for the guest on you boat? Is this correct? Also do these tickets work the same as the SW tournament so that each ticket includes the dinner, raffle, drinks etc?

Thanks for your help in advance.

When I registered the process did not ask me for any "people" or "boat" info... Is there anything further I need to do or know about this OT?

WooHooo... 69 days and a wakeup!!!

Just got back from a week at Breezy and checked the waiting list. I have a room at Breezy but I'm still 7th on the waiting list for a slip; haven't moved up at all in months. Definately want to keep the room at Breezy but at a loss as to where I could keep the boat. Any ideas?

The hotel next door to the North is Sands of Islamorada; Docks are fair.  305-664-2791,,    The hotel to the South is Amara Cay; Their docks are cement and are pretty high off the water for small skiffs..305-664-0073..  Otherwise, there is the Angler House Marina across the highway, Bayside.. PITA to haul rods & gear in the car.. Phone # is 305-664-5247.  Guides get the priority at their ramp, just FYI.  I launch and haul out there on the lower tide times.  

The Tournament weekend is the slow season in the Keys, so you may be able to dock elsewhere...

Marc