DblPly

2016 Islamorada OT - The Big Three-O

I would try Sands of Islamorada, Isle of Pines, maybe Kon Tiki...

289 and a wakeup...

Thanks for the info, I'll try to reserve at one of these, I am on the waiting list at Breezy, but I'll make a reservation else where for now.

How many more days again with a wake up? lol

I really can't wait. Will be our first year doing it. I really hope the weather hold up. Would love to get out on the hump for some tuna action. I also have a good reef donkey spot to beat up the kids that is not a wreck. lol

Question for you all. It has been some time since I stayed at Breezy Palms and if I remember correct, the channel it marked with our famous Keys poles. lol How shallow is the channel at low tide? I'll be in my Cobia 256 which is why I am asking.

It's about 2 ft. at mean low water... I've seen some big boats go in there so you should be good... Just punch it and go... ;))

259 and a wakeup...

• Like 1

Thanks for the input. I'm probably better on plane like you said. Can't freaking wait! Just called them yesterday to see if a slip has come up and nothing yet.

Um......I should fly Gamecock flags right?

The September tides are always very high, and above normal lows. You should be fine for the OT..

Just remember there is a big rocky reef to cross at the head pins (if either/both are standing) To run out the channel, jump on plane in the basin just p***ed the dock ends. Coming home, drop off plane 100 yds offshore of the markers and idle in with motors tilted when you get closer. I have some videos of boats jumpin & runnin I will share with you as it gets closer.

You have a bigger boat, and need to be aware of the few rocky areas around Islamorada. We'll get you up to speed..

p.s. Try to get a dock higher than #16. The docks under that face the motel and you may not have enough room for spring lines..