Management system for your tackle??

Happy Lappy

First off narrow down what you are taking. If you are not regularly using it keep it at home. 

I organize all my tackle into those plastic boxes as well. Then I selesct 3-4 to put in a tackle bag for each trip. This usually breaks down to...

1 box terminal tackle, hooks, weights jig heads

1 box floats, popping corks etc

1 box soft plastics

1 box plugs

all these go into a tackle bag with leader material and any tools then fits in one hatch.

i have spent awhile narrowing down what I fish with and feel confident with. now when it comes to artificial almost all I throw is popping corks or paddle tails. This cuts down on tackle in the boat a lot.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, SouthernWake said:

First off narrow down what you are taking. If you are not regularly using it keep it at home. 

I organize all my tackle into those plastic boxes as well. Then I selesct 3-4 to put in a tackle bag for each trip. This usually breaks down to...

1 box terminal tackle, hooks, weights jig heads

1 box floats, popping corks etc

1 box soft plastics

1 box plugs

all these go into a tackle bag with leader material and any tools then fits in one hatch.

i have spent awhile narrowing down what I fish with and feel confident with. now when it comes to artificial almost all I throw is popping corks or paddle tails. This cuts down on tackle in the boat a lot.

X2 on this.

• 2 weeks later...

my 'solutions' have changed year after year.. currently I keep lots of plastic boxes (like we all do, same as in photo yes Dear posted).    

Bought small tool bags at Harbor Frieght  ( maybe $7 each).  Each bag hold about 6 boxes in the sideways vertical position, not stacked, so I can see label on side of each box.   Just grab the bags I need that day.    

• Like 1

I take 2 bags.  One is a boat bag with bino’s, flares, vhf, pliers, bottle opener, etc...  The second is a true tackle bag with 8 waterproof boxes.  1 is hooks, 2 is hooks, 3 is jigs, 4-6 plastics, 7-8 plugs.  I also have leader, boga and a second pair of pliers.