My stolen Pathfinder recovered

justfish

10 hours ago, justfish said:

That’s it! I want to go on the record that I DID NOT put any of the ghetto speakers on, that was the thugs 

Since you watch these, what’s your best guess on what it will go for ? I’m really curious to see 

Sadly, I think I have seen this boat at Ft. George, or at least one with speakers set up like that. I feel like I would have honed in on the windshield though....The speakers on the console stand out to me, but nothing else in these pictures does. Do you know if the guy(s) were/are younger than us? I feel like when I saw it, it had a lot of people on it; mostly dudes. I see your 19' all the time out there and have talked to the owner several times. I can spot it two sandbars down because of the windshield (and maybe because I had it's twin). 

Glad you got some personal belongings back out of it....I'd be interested to see what it goes for at auction. A wire clean up and a pressure washer would do wonders for her current state. People ***. I hope JSO and SJCSO are able to get the SA on board to prosecute.

10 hours ago, justfish said:

That’s it! I want to go on the record that I DID NOT put any of the ghetto speakers on, that was the thugs 

Since you watch these, what’s your best guess on what it will go for ? I’m really curious to see 

Gezz

Start adding stereo equipment to the boat they stole. The story is getting crazier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Troy said:

Gezz

Start adding stereo equipment to the boat they stole. The story is getting crazier.

They also tried to finish installing the powerpole pump for me. I don’t remember my exact list but They left almost everything of mine in boat except coolers, fishing/diving  stuff and deep cycles. Nice fellas.

@BradM They are prob late 20’s early 30’s 

I did the same on this windshield as my 19 when I added the storage on top of console  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justfish said:

They also tried to finish installing the powerpole pump for me. I don’t remember my exact list but They left almost everything of mine in boat except coolers, fishing/diving  stuff and deep cycles. Nice fellas.

@BradM They are prob late 20’s early 30’s 

I did the same on this windshield as my 19 when I added the storage on top of console  

It was them; Memorial Day weekend. I remember the speakers in the console and a bunch of younger guys on it. I didn't pay attention to the t-top, windshield or backrest.....I feel terrible not realizing it was your old boat. There was a lot going on, but I never caught the tell tale windshield. Can't believe it was local...I figured it was long gone to the Bahamas or Miami. The outcome wouldn't have changed, it would have just come sooner. I would have loved to have had the FWC bust them out in front of a couple thousand people, though.

30 minutes ago, HoneyB said:

So you guys saying forward facing console speakers are not cool as ..... heck?

I may have gone through text messages to verify speaker location on the B......But, to each their own.

Besides, we all know we need PA speakers on the boat so we can listen to C.W. McCall, properly.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, justfish said:

I just started and the ones I am watching have not gone up for auction just yet!  they are still pending the title.  When it goes I will be sure to let you know.  With yours still running I would expect it to go for around 55%-60% of the actual value.  Not really sure though.  I'll talk to my buddy who turned me on to the site.  Here's a pic of a 2013 that will be going up.

resizer-2.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, smilemaker said:

20/20 hindsight 

Would it have been a different scenario if you had waited until the boat was on the water and let the coast guard deal with them.

Boar was on water when It was pulled over. Forgot to add that my brother in law said they were flying a pirate flag on it  🏴‍☠️ 

Very bold and fitting 🙄

• Confused 1

Can't answer for Florida but in South Carolina I have to articulate that a reasonable person would believe the car or in this case boat was stolen. Yes, the suspect gets the advantage and until people tell their lawmakers to change it, that will continue.  I've had attorneys argue that their clients didn't know a car was stolen even though the driver failed to stop for lights/siren. They said he ran because he was suspended and I think some liberal judges are starting to buy that BS.  It is getting bad out there, suspects don't fear the court system.  Hell even a wet behind the ears public defender can get them a sweet deal. Don't even get me started on gun and drug cases. 12 bags of cocaine,oh that was for personal use and the $$ in his pocket broken down into set amounts. That's rent money or tax refund.

• Sad 1

Believe me, most cops are willing. Most people don't realize it is solicitors that don't prosecute the cases or plea them down to jaywalking.  The solicitors always find a reason to flush it and try to blame it on the LEO.

In a case like this the solicitors in SC will grill the investigating officers about how the operator would have reasonably thought it was stolen. An example (hypothetical of course and not representative of anything disclaimer), a stolen Dodge Charger, that was stolen from a rental company. Stop said car, and driver complies completely. His statement is that he "rented" it from a guy on Craigslist or Facebook for $500 a month but can't give you the guys info. Keys still have rental barcode attachment and solicitors pass on the case. He didn't run or anything so he didn't know it was stolen.  If they run most agencies won't chase due to civil suits and criminals know it. Heck if they get caught solicitors will drop a failure to stop in a plea deal. If the average person really knew what solicitors did they would be outraged. It is easier to blame the police because that's who they see. They don't realize the police are operating based on what a solicitor will prosecute.  Sorry, I'll get of my soapbox, I need some saltwater therapy.

• 4 weeks later...

image.jpeg.002878d8e7b83ed73293b0c3563305f3.jpeg

Just fish,

wanted to follow up on our last convo about what I think these boats go for.  Currently there is a 2013 2200 up for auction and it currently is sitting at 14,025.  That is with not knowing if it runs and if there is anything else wrong with it.  Progressive Casualty had it listed as Water/Mechanical as the claim reference.  Boat looks really good, but we all know that looks are shell deep.  I still think if it goes for around $25,000 which I think it will , that is still a heck of a deal.

26 minutes ago, RacerxV6 said:

image.jpeg.002878d8e7b83ed73293b0c3563305f3.jpeg

Just fish,

wanted to follow up on our last convo about what I think these boats go for.  Currently there is a 2013 2200 up for auction and it currently is sitting at 14,025.  That is with not knowing if it runs and if there is anything else wrong with it.  Progressive Casualty had it listed as Water/Mechanical as the claim reference.  Boat looks really good, but we all know that looks are shell deep.  I still think if it goes for around $25,000 which I think it will , that is still a heck of a deal.

In your experience with these auctions ....what does water / mechanical generally refer to ?  Blown engine ? Cracked hull ? Thanks