Retired

Capt. Troy

11 hours ago, jason p said:

OK I’ll be the selfish one here even though I know many others are wondering... I’m not gonna have to start watching the weather channel and silly-*** Jim Cantori stand between two buildings with a water hose pointed at him to figure out if I need to head north every time a storm clears the D.R.?

And of course, congratulations. I can’t fathom what you guys deal with as police officers. Thank you. 

Please notice I posted about the possible Gulf Storm and it is pined up in the General Section. Unless something drastic changes, I will always do the weather posts and I will continue being one of the MODs on the site.

And there is a possibility that I will be doing something crazy in October. Crazy as in working again for another Law Enforcement Agency! Great Schedule and an offer that in my eyes would be stupid to refuse. And I would still be able to move as far North as Troy's County and still work for the same agency! We shall see where that adventure leads.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Coto said:

Those were good times working for Sheriff Nick Navarro, he didn't pay us much but we were able to do our jobs. I was paid close to $23,000 a year when I got hired by Nick. I bet your starting pay was in the teens.

Yes I enjoyed working for the man. And I remember well him wearing the #1 Jersey at the "Pig Bowl" the last year we played. I played Strong Safety that year. The pay at my first job in North Florida (1979-80) was crazy. My take home pay was $115 a week and no benefits. Good thing I still lived on the family ranch. I don't recall my first pay checks with BSO, but I don't recall ever having more than a couple hundred dollars in the bank. Huge responsibilities, dangers, and we continued our career living just slightly above needing foot stamps. As any of my Brothers or Sisters on here knows, the job is a calling, it is not to get rich. Here at the end,  the career makes a decent living, but the national environment for LEOs has reached new lows. 

Okay time to get off my soapbox! Thank you again to everyone. And yes I will be fishing more! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, triplec said:

Congrats Bubba! As someone told me when I retired from the SO while back..."It is not the beginning of the end, rather; it is the end of the beginning." Now time to fish! Wishing you well and that you cash as many FRS checks as you did working!

Curious if I know you!?! If you wish, PM me! I am wondering if I'm just being senile! 

8 hours ago, Bubba B said:

Please notice I posted about the possible Gulf Storm and it is pined up in the General Section. Unless something drastic changes, I will always do the weather posts and I will continue being one of the MODs on the site.

And there is a possibility that I will be doing something crazy in October. Crazy as in working again for another Law Enforcement Agency! Great Schedule and an offer that in my eyes would be stupid to refuse. And I would still be able to move as far North as Troy's County and still work for the same agency! We shall see where that adventure leads.

oh *** Bubba is coming north.

I will call you this week!

Congratulations Bubba !    Your S.O. career involved all the disciplines, all the specialty units, anti-crime teams and Federal Task Forces.  You received stacks of awards and no discipline.. You have earned great respect and thanks from the communities you protected.  Best of luck if you choose to work at another Agency.

Job Well-Done !!

Marc

19 hours ago, Moderator said:

Congratulations Bubba !    Your S.O. career involved all the disciplines, all the specialty units, anti-crime teams and Federal Task Forces.  You received stacks of awards and no discipline.. You have earned great respect and thanks from the communities you protected.  Best of luck if you choose to work at another Agency.

Job Well-Done !!

Marc

Thank you Marc. You are one of the few on here that know me personally. I based my entire career on integrity!! And my roots were from honest hard work on the family cattle ranch! Between those two mindsets and being hyper, has resulted in some interesting memories. I feel extremely privileged to have had the training and experience in my career. And perhaps even after 40 years my career may be continuing after a brief extended vacation. 

Congrats, Bubba. It’s always great to see such a well deserved retirement!

And here’s a little story about your great storm reports. I was over in London on a business trip in 2008 when Hurricane Ike was closing in on the Texas coast. I could not fly back home to Houston, so I had to watch it from there. Naturally the London news was not focusing on it much, but my friends and colleagues working at Lloyd’s of London wanted to know more. So I showed them how to log on to this site and see all of the great maps that you put up for us. So you’re an internationally famous storm tracker now, just in case you didn’t know!

2 hours ago, Bruce J said:

Congrats, Bubba. It’s always great to see such a well deserved retirement!

And here’s a little story about your great storm reports. I was over in London on a business trip in 2008 when Hurricane Ike was closing in on the Texas coast. I could not fly back home to Houston, so I had to watch it from there. Naturally the London news was not focusing on it much, but my friends and colleagues working at Lloyd’s of London wanted to know more. So I showed them how to log on to this site and see all of the great maps that you put up for us. So you’re an internationally famous storm tracker now, just in case you didn’t know!

That is very nice! Thank you for taking the site international. If what I do helps just one person it is well worth the effort.