Retired

Capt. Troy

Thank you Troy for the kind words. 40 years simultaneously seems like yesterday and an eternity!  

Justfish, for your edification I have a 32 inch waist! No donuts! But copious cups of coffee! 🤣

Having muscles just indicates I am more capable of dragging my 22 Pathfinder off a *** mud bar!! LOL 😤

F76FD89D-9E02-4110-A226-5297057FB94F_zps

BSO Pizza.PNG

1a.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats Bubba, you have been a God send to this forum and I, personally, have benefitted from your tropical updates.  We based a lot of our decision to get out of Wilmington on your info and it was the right decision.   I know they will miss you at your day job for many of the same reasons.

• Like 1

No donuts but coffee,,, I got a meme for that too

Congrats buddy. 40 years is a looooonggg time in the public safety biz.

We are fortunate to have a real good relationship with our boys and girls in blue where I’m at, hopefully y’all have the same.  

Enjoy retirement!

8EF0BD81-BA73-4A2F-8CA0-3D6DEDB05CC8.jpeg

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Coto said:

Congrats Bubba!! I’ll be right behind you soon but 30 years is enough for me in Broward. I can’t believe you’ve done 40 years.

I started my first LEO Job 11/11/79 in a very small North Florida town and came down to South Florida the latter part of 1980.  

Bubba knows he is welcome up here and me and the wife always have a spot for him/family when he gets this way.

I always keep an eye out for some properties to get him up here.

If he moves up here close to me I may be able to train him on the fishing aspect a little. I have tried to a few times but I will never forget his attempts with cut bait after me throwing the cast net for hours to provide him with a well full of pilchards. "catfish king"

Nor, will I forget a Tarpon fishing trip with Bubba and his daughter, that girl can fish but I have no clue who taught her.😊

I do try to forget following that hopped up Path Finder for 50 miles through the back at the owners tournament. When we stopped I was closer to Tarpon Springs than I was Islamorada.  😧

That said, Congratulations and again, thank you for your service.👍

PS, please continue the weather site on here. It's my go to every morning.

• Like 2

OK I’ll be the selfish one here even though I know many others are wondering... I’m not gonna have to start watching the weather channel and silly-*** Jim Cantori stand between two buildings with a water hose pointed at him to figure out if I need to head north every time a storm clears the D.R.?

And of course, congratulations. I can’t fathom what you guys deal with as police officers. Thank you. 

• Like 3