Independence Day in the Ten Thousand Islands

Solo trip to Chokoloskee to fish the Ten Thousand Islands yesterday and check out some areas I have not fished. 3:57 a.m. high tide meant only a little bit of out-going water to fish before the slack tide. I launched at OR around 6:15 a.m. to one of the most beautiful sunrises ever. Fishing mostly to the south on artificial baits (plugs, soft plastics on jig heads or twist-lock hooks, GULP! shrimp), I caught a mixed bag: rat reds and a couple at the lower end of the slot; half dozen snook--mostly small; couple of nice trout; some jacks; and I found the Big Uglies! This one was hefty and measured 24" so it was fun on light tackle. The water was as high as I've seen since the hurricane upon my return to the dock (which was underwater!).

64589657_10156181363261875_9095316959859310592_n.jpg

fullsizeoutput_58ac.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_58a7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_58a8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_58ab.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_58aa.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_58ae.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_58af.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_58b0.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_58b1.jpeg

• Like 2

On 7/5/2019 at 1:16 PM, Coto said:

By the way I don’t believe Colin Kapernick would approve of your post ....but I do👍

Hooooyaaaah :)

BTW, DonH and I were on the water Friday.....we fished North and did well....

Mixed bag of snooklets 10-15 for the counters, one red, 1/2 doz trout or so, one nice snapper, a few mackerel, and sheepie all on ratites.....2nd time in a week and while continuously shaking, we did well.

DOA's and gulps were the baits fo the day....

DC

• Like 1