Texas (Galveston Bay) Fishing Report

CG RYAN

I figured I will start posting reports for the other guys who fish the Galveston area. I have only been fishing TX for a few months now but have had good success so far.

Today I went out for a quick morning trip and got some good trout up to 22", a couple slot redfish, and a couple flounder. The trout seem to be hanging toward the bottom on deeper shell still with most fish coming in 10'-12'. My son (4) and I threw glow/chart jerk baits on 1/4oz jig heads with good success. We were ran off by storms several times today but all in all it was a great morning. I will be going out tomorrow again to try for another Texas slam.

I will post some more when I load them. My son and daughter (4 & 6) have only been fishing since april and they cant get enough. Especially my son, he tells everyone about the fish he catches and constantly asks when we are going again. They both have caught their own fair share fish (cast, hook, fight, land). The best part about it is all of the fish they have caught are on artificials (jerk baits and jig heads). Its pretty cool when your kids can fish artis and actually catch fish. Im gonna keep this post updated as we go.

Thanks guys!

09/05/15

Went out today for another short trip with my two kids, my niece (7), my brother, and a friend from work. We headed out around 0630 and fished the same area as yesterday. Because I had so many people this time I decided to throw the castnet for the first time here in TX. After a couple throws I had enough shad and finger mullet for the day. We drifted the same spot all day which is 10-12' of water near the shipping channel. Drifting with mostly inexperienced fisherman made for a fun day of un-tangling lines and re-tying hooks. The kids had a blast and caught some solid fish. My daughter ended up with the biggest trout of the day right at 24" and my son caught a red right at 26". I didnt get to fish much today but I did throw a glow jerk bait on a 1/4 oz jig head for a little while. I caught some keeper trout, a 26" red, and an overslot red. The bite slowed as the tide went slack and we were ran off by storms again. All in all it was a great day on the water. Hope everyone has a fun holiday weekend. I will be working tomorrow and monday.

IMG950256_zpsnrvzllre.jpg

IMG950258_zpsajhkf2n7.jpg

IMG953023_zpswo5lv2wm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived