1994 Maverick Repower Issues

Wade Gingerich

I repowered a 1994 17' Maverick Deluxe (I believe that is what it is called but it is a little shy of 17' and looks like a Master Angler, the hull # MV1DL223H192) with a 115 Mercury ProXS. The engine was first mounted with a jack plate but I had the jack plate removed because it didn't seem helpful and it resulted in damage to the hydraulic steering from the transom when tilted in an up position. I first started with a 3-blade prop, I believe a 19 and then switched to a 4-blade that is also a 19 and is what I use now. The boat feels like the bow is driving down into the water when running at top speeds. To get 5,500 rpm, I have to tilt the engine up and when I do it starts to loose water pressure but the prop doesn't blow out. I can't get the outboard any lower on the transom but that seems to be what it needs. I am considering a Bob's Machine Shop low water pickup lower unit to increase the trim capabilities. I wanted to post photos but don't see how I can do it here. I may try another area in the forum to see if I can post photos. 

IMG_7108.HEIC IMG_7107.HEIC IMG_7109.HEIC IMG_7087.HEIC

Edited by Wade Gingerich
Added Photos

• 2 months later...