WTB Pathfinder 23 DV still....

wesman

Anyone know of any 23DV's coming up for sale within the next 6 months?  I have an 04 PF22 but am starting to venture offshore more and considering a "buddy boat" trip for Bahamas during summers.  The 23DV would maybe fit the bill but they are hard to find.  Thanks in advance....

3 minutes ago, Moderator said:

Twin 200's !?   The factory only hung twin 200's (HPDI) on DV's built for Law Enforcement.. Those were amazing performers.

May be a repower too.. Only a matter of time before someone repowers 150's to the 200's.

M

Just looked at the listing, clearly an old FWC vessel.  https://www.boattrader.com/listing/2005-pathfinder-23dv-103607427/ 

Love the 23DV....one day maybe :)

Yes I saw the old FWC boat.  I like the power but would be concerned about an old Leo boat, driven quite a few of Leo work boats and they take a beating from time to time.  If the price comes down maybe but in the meantime, I'll keep looking.  There also one in Illinois that if it's still up in August, I could travel for.  Thanks for keeping an eye out!!

The 200 HPDI's made the DV fly.  The hulls are so strong, I wouldn't worry about a LEO boat..  Just check for impacts and repairs.  Paying for the two new F200's is no treat, though..

I will keep an eye open.  Will be in the Keys for a stretch.  Plenty of them down there.  May see one with a for sale sign..

Marc

On 6/25/2019 at 10:01 AM, wesman said:

Yes I saw the old FWC boat.  I like the power but would be concerned about an old Leo boat, driven quite a few of Leo work boats and they take a beating from time to time.  If the price comes down maybe but in the meantime, I'll keep looking.  There also one in Illinois that if it's still up in August, I could travel for.  Thanks for keeping an eye out!!

Mine was a charter boat for 10 years and it was clearly well used and it is still solid as a rock, I'm sure that one is fine.  Look at it this way....if it hasn't broken by now, it' isn't going to.

200's that thing much move out!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I had a deposit on one but it failed a compression test so, still looking for a DV if anyone knows of one for sale.....

It was not the one listed above, that owner is actually a close friend and that boat is a beauty, I am just currently looking for one with a single for now.  Seeing that boat and fishing it is what made me sell my PF 22 for a DV.

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke with that owner briefly but communication is spotty at best.  Based on my last DV deal falling through due to a compression check, I need to get the motor checked out but I haven't back from the owner.  I just wish someone was as just eager to sell a 23DV with a single as I am to buy lol.  Personally, I was hoping I could find forum owner willing to sell but that doesn't look promising.  Thanks again for looking out!

Bludog, I'm under contract and headed to pick up the one with low compression in a day, otherwise, I'd send you the info. It's one that was listed in Illinois, originally from Boca Raton.  I'm in for a drive lol.  I'm gonna get it at the right price to repower!!!