Yamaha F150 Hesitates/shutter

Flatschaser

I have a 2004 Yamaha F150 on my 2200V. Took it out today and noticed when I go past idle it hesitates for a second then is fine past that. It hesitates then power kicks in and is fine all the way up the RPM range. Run perfect after that one spot. Just purchased this boat a few months ago. Motor has a little over 100 hours on it and the 100 hour service was completed prior to me purchasing, I have the receipts. Any idea what this could be? Maybe fuel pump? Fuel Lines? Injectors? 

• 2 weeks later...

Do an Italian tune.  Put a heavy dose of your favorite tune up juice like RED LINE or SEA FOAM and take it out for a tune up, WOT for 5 minutes and repeat a few times.  If it is carbs or injectors it should shake it  loose.  Since it's only happening at on point in the speed range it hasn't gotten bad yet,but it will if left untreated.  I had a much more severe case due to Ethanol and had to have the carbs rebuilt on my 2005 Yamaha 40hp 4 stroke.

Does the work order state what all was completed/replaced during the 100 hour service?

I had similar symptoms with my F90, ran through the complete fuel system replacing filters, cleaning injectors, inspected lines, vents etc.  The end issue was a single spark plug with coronation, it was not firing consistently all the time - bad plug caused the surging hesitation similar to what you are describing.  Replaced all four and she is back to normal.  Try and get in touch with a mechanic that has the software to see if the engine is throwing codes, that would possibly help narrow the focus on what to look for.  In my case, no codes were thrown which made for a fun easter egg hunt finding the issue.   

• Like 1