Kind of a funny story

whichwaysup

Had basically the same thing happen down in sanibel one time years ago. Went to the little pier fishing because the job i was doing wasnt gonna be ready for us till the next day. Guy said he had been there a couple of hours without a bite asked would i watch his rod while he walked up to his truck   Sure thing. No sooner did he get out of sight when it starts bouncing around. Reel in a 32” red. released  unharmed 

• Like 1

I got one for you, just got back off vacation today from Key Largo and my buddies kid is a fishing nut, he is 16. Gave him all my old bait as after 4 days of bouncing around, literally inshore and off I was taking some time off. The kid has a little Jon boat showed him a few spots and caught some nice snappers and he released a snook, but he also caught some ladyfish he decided to use as bait  later that night off the dock. Well he put on the head of a ladyfish and threw it out in the middle of Jewfish creek and caught this....

A little blurry but it was about 8 foot long and the lights of Gilbert's resort can be seen in the water.

IMG_1663.JPG

• Like 1