Boarding/swim ladder

fin-addict

Looking for a swim/boarding ladder for my 22 pathy. Nothing that needs to be installed if possible. Thinking about the hook style that hangs from the gunnel that folds flat. Concerned about the ladder standoffs that lay against the hull and where and should be located due to the small freeboard on these boats. Suggestions welcomed. Armstrong style if no other choice.

I tried the hook style and didn’t like it. I loved my Armstrong on my pathys. If you choose to go that route, the placement is very specific cause of the trim tab so let me know and  I see if I have the pics or can reach out to the guy who bought it to get some of exactly where it goes 

25 minutes ago, justfish said:

I tried the hook style and didn’t like it. I loved my Armstrong on my pathys. If you choose to go that route, the placement is very specific cause of the trim tab so let me know and  I see if I have the pics or can reach out to the guy who bought it to get some of exactly where it goes 

25 minutes ago, justfish said:

Thanks for the info fish. Only problem may be the troll n tabs that are on the back. May have to have a custom ladder fabed.. thinking about getting one made from the deck to my tower platform. Getting old ***. Hope the wife and son doing well. Regards, daveDave

That would prob be problematic for the Armstrong. Contact @theoutlaw on here...he has a jig made for a 2200 swim platform, he can probably make one that works. He makes them with big grab bars on top of gunnel, super nice.  Being older, I’d recommend getting something more solid than the hook ladders. They always seem to be moving around when I’ve used them.   

Ralph was just about to start mine when boat was stolen. Returned my $ and sent back the ladder I had shipped to him, no questions asked. Great guy to deal with!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe hit him up at shop : AIM WELDING 

He also had some pics on here that sold me on getting one from him, you prob just have to search for em

@fin-addict if you haven't found anything yet and don't end up going with Ralph, I had the west marine folding one you were asking about that I was using temporarily tis Ralph was done.  It was still in my boat when they recovered it.  Its dirty but works fine.  If you pay for shipping its yours, but afraid it might cost more than the ladder ...

4 hours ago, justfish said:

Maybe hit him up at shop : AIM WELDING 

He also had some pics on here that sold me on getting one from him, you prob just have to search for em

@fin-addict if you haven't found anything yet and don't end up going with Ralph, I had the west marine folding one you were asking about that I was using temporarily tis Ralph was done.  It was still in my boat when they recovered it.  Its dirty but works fine.  If you pay for shipping its yours, but afraid it might cost more than the ladder ...

Thanks fish, think it would also. Very kind of you as always, fin😀🙏

• 3 weeks later...

99.9% of the time I need the ladder to get out, not in, I jump in so I would be deploying from the water. As well, growing up in South Florida any boat that had a ladder platform it seconded as a seat while taking a break from snorkling/diving and water sports in general. I would prefer it on the bottom, nonetheless though it is a nice looking piece!

• Like 1