chokoloskee tournament?

Brent B

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is another tournament going on that weekend of Oct 3rd and 4th from what I hear. Is there any reason why that weekend is better than others? I was thinking more towards the middle or end of Oct. You don't want to fish a Tournament the same day or the day after another tournament. The fish will be all stressed out and i don't think fishing will be as good, plus all the extra boat traffic. I do think it should be total length of the biggest fish caught in each species per boat. 1/2 inch equals 1 point. I will work on some sort of a tag or number that has to be in the picture of the fish as well as some kinda of laminated measuring device that must be used.

As of now The tournament will be held on Oct 16th and 17th. Captains meeting on the 16th at the Oyster House in Everglades City and the Tournament will be on the 17th. There will be a $100 entry Fee per boat/team that must be paid at the captains meeting or your boat is not entered in the Comp. Max 4 people per boat/team, This includes kids and Wives/GFs. We will be fishing for Tarpon, Snook, Redfish and Trout. This is a Catch and release tournament so all fish will be logged with a camera that must show date and time (digital or cell phone) You will receive a tag with a number that also must appear in the picture and all fish will be measured with a measuring device that will be handed out at the captains meeting.

Cont...... Point system will be every 1/2 of fish = 1 point. Total number of points for the biggest fish in each species per boat wins 1st then 2nd and so on. 1st gets 50% of the total entry fees 2nd gets 30% and the last 20% goes to 3rd. You can launch from anywhere in Everglades city or Chokoloskee We all must meet back at a certain spot to judge the winner by a certain time which has not been chosen yet. Hopefully we can all go out to eat and hang out after the tournament!!!! This Tournament is all about family fun so lets try and keep it that way.

By the way I have named this tournament

the "Chokoloskee Free For All" or the CFFA.

Any Input or dislikes about the tournament so far?

Also I have only posted about this tournament on THIS forum and none others. At $100 per boat instead of $100 per person like most other tournaments, everybody and there mother would sign up and it would be to hard to manage and most likely not as fun. Please Lets keep the Tournament to this forum and don't spread it to other forums such as Florida Sportsman. I want this to be fun and somewhat small so we can all meet each other and share stories and what not.

Here's the rough draft of the inaugural CFFA particulars...

Fee-

$100/team (MBC forum members only)

Entry fee must be paid at the captains meeting.

Number of Anglers-

4 anglers max per boat.

Captain's meeting location-

Oyster House, Everglades City, FL

Friday, Oct 16, 2015 @ 6pm.

All teams will need to pay for their own beverages & food.

FUNament Location-

Everglades National Park. Teams must depart from any ramp in Chokoloskee or Everglades City.

Fishing Day & Hours-

Saturday, Oct 17, 2015. Lines In @ 6:30AM. There will be no lines out time. All Anglers must meet at Outdoor Resorts ramp by 5:30pm.

Teams that have not turned in scorecards by 5:30PM, will be disqualified.

Scorecards-

Must show species, size & time of each entered fish caught.

Species-

Tarpon, Snook, Redfish and Trout.

Pictures-

Must be taken on a digital camera with its own display or a smart phone. Devices must have clear screens to see pics!

Payout-

50%: 1st place

30%: 2nd place

20%: 3rd place

Here is the last 2 concerns as far as this comp goes that i would like some opinions on....

#1 once all the entry fees are paid, who holds the money? If every body is on board I will put the payment in my dry box on my boat but again everybody has to agree.

#2 The measuring device. I didn't really plan on spending a lot of money on this tournament to put it together so here is what i came up with.

A. we all just bring are own measuring devices to the captains meeting and make sure all the other teams agree with it.

B. I make copies of a tournament grade one off line and have them laminated. everyonce can pitch in a couple extra bucks for cost at the meeting.

C. We all agree on a specific cheap one to buy and everyone must buy there own. I found some for around $7 that are water proof.

I must say I am Very Excited for this. I hope this goes well and everyone and there families has a great time and we can keep this going for a long time. Maybe get some sponsors of something later down the line. I just simply love spending time in the everglades so i thought man why not meet some other people that love to do the same!

Brent- I think you should hold the $$. It won't be a tremendous amount. Once we determine the amount of teams that are participating I will gladly buy the measuring sticks so that we're all using the same device which will make it easier to confirm the size of fish in the pics.

well I think I am out. I am not a good enough fisherman to have a chance at a place I have never fished so I would just be throwing away $100. I was of the impression that it was going to be a funament aka free. I still wouldn't mind coming, fishing and meeting everyone if that would be acceptable.

Archived