Giant Blue Fin Tuna

BaitTank

I don't know about that John. I was lucky enough to catch a 112# yellow fin on 30# test line and I can honestly say that fish kicked my rear end more than any fish I've ever caught!! You might want to get some young buck to reel it in. :)

I still remember the of taste the smoked meat from that fish! YUM.

I don't know about that John. I was lucky enough to catch a 112# yellow fin on 30# test line and I can honestly say that fish kicked my rear end more than any fish I've ever caught!! You might want to get some young buck to reel it in. :)

I still remember the of taste the smoked meat from that fish! YUM.

My thought was to have some hot looking female in a T back on board and you would feel your oats once again and reel it in for us. :laugh: ;)

Totally agree about letting the youngsters reel the monsters in,

or buy an electric winch.

On the other hand, it you can get him within 300' of the boat I can always sling the gear on, grab the KOAH and knock the fight out of him real quick. :susel:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

So my buddy from Miami went on a charter out of Boston for some of the big blue fin. First day nothing, second day hook up with live herring for bait. Fighting it for 2-1/2 hours, the whole time the mate is telling them "let run" "no tension on the line" "take it easy" "watch your drag" etc. After all this time, and my buddy is a very experienced fisherman, captain say's let my mate take it from here.

The Tuna was now only 25 feet from the boat, estimated at 500-600 pounds and is doing the "I give up circle"! So after barking orders at my buddy the whole time the first mate grabs the leader and wraps it, well the Tuna had one last run and guess what.....the hook pulled because the first mate did not follow his own advice!

Needless to say my buddy was not happy because his third of the prize would have paid for the whole trip!