new owner 95 redfisher 18

Hello everybody,

I just purchased a 95 Redfisher 18 and so far I love it. Awesome ride and great space, Im very particular about keeping my boats running in top shape and I have found some problems with the wiring and fuel tank on this boat that im not to fond of. The wiring is just kinda scattered and some of it has been hacked apart and not done properly. The fuel tank also has some corrosion that I just noticed and I wanna get it fixed. The tank is not leaking but it could soon. I really just wanna redo the whole boat so that I know for sure that its done right. Can the fuel tank be removed from the front hatch? If not how hard is it to remove the cap? Also the boat seems very solid except the right side floor by the console seems to have a soft spot in it. Is there any common concerns with these boats and the fibergl*** or stringers? I see all these rebuilds and they look amazing when done. From what i have heard these boats are amazing and hold there value so i think its worth investing the time and money into it if its gonna last me a long time. Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated.

• 7 months later...

Archived