1997 18MA Livewell Pump(s)

My Ma came with one for each. They were originally all 700 rules. Replaced them with 800 cartridge tourney model. Replaced the marlon valves with Graco SS/br*** valves. Go to the info section in Maverick section and find your plumbing diagram. I have sea chest with three live/baitwell systems.

Not sure why you have one for two, because you would need a diverter and two more valves to use them individually or always have water in both. Either way it is not effecient. And, I doubt you would get good flow with less than an 1100gph pump.

I can't imagine Maverick building it that way.

How did you change the valves? I want to change mine and am having a lot of trouble with access to them as well as getting them to budge.

My Ma came with one for each. They were originally all 700 rules. Replaced them with 800 cartridge tourney model. Replaced the marlon valves with Graco SS/br*** valves. Go to the info section in Maverick section and find your plumbing diagram. I have sea chest with three live/baitwell systems.

Not sure why you have one for two, because you would need a diverter and two more valves to use them individually or always have water in both. Either way it is not effecient. And, I doubt you would get good flow with less than an 1100gph pump.

I can't imagine Maverick building it that way.

The originals had all the components stuck together with 5200. From the sea chest out. I originally started to change a broken pump. It happened to be the middle one. I couldn't undo the pump from the strainer. I finally got the pump to turn, but it wanted to unscrew from the sea chest. I had to bust the strainer basket off to turn the whole unit. That is when I decided to do them all. I salvaged one or two of the br*** pipes that came from the sea chest. I connected the new valve to the pipe, added a 3" piece of flex tube, connected the strainer, and another piece of tube, then the pump. I will try and dig up a picture. The flex was added to make it easier to replace parts. It had a positive unintended consequence of eliminating the noise/vibration through the hull. I can't hear them run unless I open the access hatch. It also allowed me to angle them away from each other. I put a couple of those oil pads under them to keep them off the hull.

The new pumps are slightly longer than the old style and you may have to do the same to not run them into the transom.

Archived