Busy weekend

Fished the IFA redfish tour in crystal river Saturday with a tough tide/moon phase. That place is downright scary to fish, nasty boulders, rocks, etc. I will say the fish are much more cooperative, and sight fishing them was pretty easy. Watched a 40lb cobia bust a mullet out of the water and eat it before I could throw a bait at it!

Ended up sticking 2 right fish and as luck would have it we managed to win 1st overall and big fish. 

Went out Sunday for tarpon and they are here in full force! Egmont was scattered fish and inconsistent so hopped over to bean point and got 1 before the wind picked up and we left. Pass crabs were hard to come by but finally got a few and that's what did the trick. All in all a great weekend!

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_20190519_212502_823.jpg

• Like 4

Nice job all the way around.👍 Hard to win one of those events. At least you were in an area that has some redfish.

Threw baits for 6 hours on the beach yesterday. Thanks to the Jet Ski tour operator out of Clearwater that managed to run over 15 flats boats with guys on the Platform poling on the beaches the Poons had lock Jaw. He ran the trough and between all the boats from Caladesi to North Anclote on the hour for 6 hours yesterday.

I researched the company and have put his face on the coconut telegraph of the Tarpon Fly fishing guides in the area. I an see education coming in the coming days.👹

Nice work Shane!

Talking about jet ski...  We made a quick trip Saturday just to get our and relax. Stopped by the sandbar early before the crowd, 9 or so. Must have been well over 200 of those things. Spoke to the LEO out there and they said they had a rally. High tailed out to there to the inside of the island. Got on the fish and no sooner all of them headed south and about 1/4 of them buzzed the inside of the island. Needless to say we were done fishing. 

On 5/22/2019 at 11:55 AM, linesider 159 said:

I should be headed off the beach Thursday with that east wind. Hoping to get into them pretty good

We went yesterday afternoon and the wind ran us off around 7 pm. Struck out did not even see one. Water had gotten cloudy and a line of clouds on the coast made it tough to see.

On 5/22/2019 at 11:05 AM, conocean said:

You guys north of the ENP boundary have it tough. I wonder how many more jet skis & jet boats will be on the water up there in 10 years?! 😑 

If the ENP ever allowed jet propulsion then I'd likely sell my boat, fish camp & become a monk. ☯️ 

Not too sure about the Monk part, that might be pushing it! Aren't they not allowed any sex??? :)