Anyone know what the name of this color this is?

1gunner

I think they called it Hewes Khaki or something with "khaki" in it. If it is your color and your trying to match call Ray at the plant or Spectrum at 800-754-5516 as it depends on the year of the hull as to what they called it. There was a similar color one year called Hewes Putty I think. 

2 hours ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

Here's a question for your question - why are you asking about these colors? Are you painting or re-gelcoating a boat and want something similar to a factory color? 

Exactly. Wanting something I can throw a blind on and duck hunt with in the winter. Considering changing colors to a brown or tan based color and would like to stay with a factory color. So do you happen to know the color of the Maverick in the above pic?

50 minutes ago, SSN651 said:

While we're talking colors on older Hewes, was this a colored gel coat or a paint? If it was paint, what was the brand and type? I'm going to get the lappy painted this year and I'd like to know.

Chuck  😁

Gel coat I would imagine. Every older Hewes/Maverick that I’ve seen has always had colored gelcoat. I have seen custom painted ones that were done during a restoration. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1gunner said:

Exactly. Wanting something I can throw a blind on and duck hunt with in the winter. Considering changing colors to a brown or tan based color and would like to stay with a factory color. So do you happen to know the color of the Maverick in the above pic?

I don’t know the color of the Maverick, but if I remember correctly, Hewes had a color called “Wheat” on the Redfishers a couple of years ago. It was one of my favorites.