Fuel Capacity

BTP21

I feel stupid writing this but here goes;) How do I know what the fuel capacity of my MA 21? I've run her dry and topped off but only get 35-40 gallons. She's supposed to hold 60. Were any built w/ smaller tanks? Is there an id on the tank? Is the level/position of boat/trailer that much of a factor when fueling?

thanks

B

• 1 month later...

I guess the question is ,has the tank been changed out?  I assume you are not the original owner.  I think all the Maverick and Hewes line of 20+fters have 55-60+ gal capacity.  My 20ft LT is 55 Gal.  35-40 gallions for a 200HP + motor limits the range substantially.  Many of these boats were produced pre 4 stoke engines.  2-3 MPGs for 2 strokers at running speed means you aren't going to far.LOL

• Like 1

Have you run her to E, or actually run her out of gas? My tank would read E, then Id fill up with only 30-40 gallons. I had a bad sending unit. Float was saturated and reading E when there was still gas in the tank. Id start with the sending unit, unless you have actually run her OUT of gas ...not just looking at a gauge.

• Like 2

Mine has a 62 gal tank, its a '99 I believe. If filling on the trailer, which is maybe an inch or two bow up, it starts to puke out of the vent at around 45-50 gallons if you fill it wide open. Let all the bubbles go away and fill "half throttle" and ill get another 10ish gallons.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...