Cast Net Bag

justdriftin

I use a dry bag. Doesn't have a hard bottom but works great. Roll top buckle makes a good carry handle. Soft bag conforms to any compartment without scuffing any surfaces. Walmart has them in their camping department in various sizes. Heavy clear plastic. Less than ten bucks. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

When I fished in FL, I would end of walking beaches for mullet.  The bucket was great to put a couple of inches of water in to keep the bait.  Also, like the bucket when you throw from the boat.  I would dump my net in the bucket and toss the bait in a well while dumping the bottom stuff overboard instead of on my deck.

• 5 months later...
On 5/15/2019 at 7:15 AM, wthree3 said:

I use a dry bag. Doesn't have a hard bottom but works great. Roll top buckle makes a good carry handle. Soft bag conforms to any compartment without scuffing any surfaces. Walmart has them in their camping department in various sizes. Heavy clear plastic. Less than ten bucks. 

You( and the others that have been doing this) are a genius. I’ve started using dry bags instead of buckets and I’ll never go back. You can fit 3-4 nets in a pathfinder cast net locker instead of one or two. And I like how they don’t get exposed to salt with a water tight seal. I was skeptical, but now totally sold. The directions on my Tim Wades said to hang or store in a bucket, so after washing, I’ll hang to dry, then move to a cleaned and dry, dry bag. Thanks for the great suggestion