Hewes Redfisher 18 rod holder install?

Fsu11

Where can I mount two rodholders in the deck on a 2001 Hewes Redfisher 18? I want them to be in the back but I am a little nervous of cutting a hole and there being something underneath preventing me from installing the rod holders.

23 hours ago, BrownBear said:

Never seen any mounted down in the deck, but they're real common on the uprights for the poling platform.

ive got two of those, but previous owner has them at weird angles. They threads are pretty white and corroded on the mounting screws and im worried i wont be able to loosen them to get them adjusted but i guess i could hook up the impact and try

• 1 month later...

If you want to go bonkers, I just mounted two Mate Series Cup/Rod Holders in my RF16 near the bow.  I took a rough dimensional crossection and laid it out in 3D software (Solidworks) so I could decide what angle of the Mate Series I could fit.  The 15 degree looked good.  This is just in front of the rod storage tubes / cockpit front bulkhead.  They're not cheap, but wow, they're like jewelry.   After I recover from buying that pair, I'll probably cut a port in the rear storage compartment under the rear couch and investigate another pair to either side of the rear seating (possibly the 30 degree version).  BTW, the green is PVA mold release I sprayed on the deck as I'm doing a lot of non-skid repair related to mounting the trolling motor where it needs to be and repairing 18 (yes, EIGHTEEN) holes where the previous owner has mounted various trolling motors over the last 10 years.

48169397147_bda4a436fd.jpg

48169199361_a2994c9dc5_b.jpg

48169275847_e6d6ce9f20_z.jpg

23 hours ago, Fsu11 said:

nice job! i ended up mounting two Gemlux short rod holders on the gunnel near the rear seat, work fantastic and easy to reach when trolling for kings

That's next!  I'm hoping I can fit the 30 degree Mate series in that same spot (once I financially recover from the two I put on the bow, lol).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 5/7/2019 at 12:29 PM, Fsu11 said:

cushion1.jpg.840822953d5569155c32a833b1807565.jpg

cant seem to get it posted the right direction but i would like them to possibly be next to the seat cushions

I would consider it a HUGE favor if you would measure those seats for me! haha.  That EXACTLY the set up I want.