Sound System suggestions and configurations for 23 HPS

I think this is the year I need to upgrade my stereo system on the Pathfinder.  It has a older Fusion head unit with two Kenwood speakers in the console.  Pretty pathetic, I know. I’ve never really cared about it but now my wife enjoys going to the sandbar on the weekends.... and a little better set-up would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

Do you want to keep a head unit?  I use a Bluetooth controller hooked straight to the amp.  Its about the size of a small gauge.  It controls the music off my phone.  To get good clear sound you need decent speakers and more importantly amperage.  A lot of different options out there and a lot of money that could be spent! LOL.  I prefer JL M series speakers and a quality name brand amp.  A lot of good guys with bigger and badder systems than I on here so im sure they will share some insight.  Hardest part will be finding something to go in that old head unit hole.   

I bought a separate fusion Bluetooth connector for the older unit so I can link my phone to it. I was thinking on just replacing the existing speakers and adding an amp to it. I’m not looking to really impress anyone but would just like it to sound good and maybe be able to listen while I’m running. Thanks for the info!

I have the same as HoneyB but a Kicker head unit. I had a bluetooth module that I used with my phone and I did not like it. You continually had to grab your phone to raise/lower volume, skip a song or search for a song. Having a phone continually exposed on a boat that you can easily access will eventually lead to the phone getting damaged. I turn on bluetooth from the head unit, put the phone in a pelican box under my console and do everything from the head unit.

• 2 weeks later...