24 TRS seating

lookinforsnook

It appears from the Pathfinder brochure and others I've spoken with that only a bow cushion is available on the 24 TRS.  Forward facing backrests with split bow rails appear to not be as an option on the 24 TRS to use as additional forward seating. The 24 TRS checks a lot of boxes for our family but by not being able to have the forward facing seats with bow rails is a deal breaker for the "other half" as far as she's concerned. My question is has anyone here added these after market and if so are there concerns safety wise and/or structural in doing so that need to be considered? Pics please if you have done this and who was your fabricator? Thanks in advance.

From what your looking for is found on cc style boat not bay boats. You could call MBC and see if what you want can be done. You could also have a fab shop do it after the fact. Some higher end bay boats my have these options, not going to mention their names because of my loyalty to MBC all the way.. 😃fin

20 hours ago, fin-addict said:

From what your looking for is found on cc style boat not bay boats. You could call MBC and see if what you want can be done. You could also have a fab shop do it after the fact. Some higher end bay boats my have these options, not going to mention their names because of my loyalty to MBC all the way.. 😃fin

Thanks fin. I have been kicking tires on a few different lines lately and always seem to be drawn back to the Pathy's. Their fit and finish appear to be a good value for dollars spent, plus the owners that participate here are very knowledgeable and helpful. I just find it odd that the forward facing seats are available on the 22 and 26 TRS but not the 24. The search continues.

The 22 now has them and I had the side rails done on my 2016 while at the factory by the same outfit that does the polling platforms for most of their boats (TNT). I got the backrests from birdsall and installed myself, very easy but had to cut a hole on the inside of the rod lockers to mount a solid backing plate. I would contact Skip at MBG and ask him if they can do it using the parts off the 22 and 26, the rails likely would have to be a little different but shouldn’t be a big deal at all. If the cushions are not available you could easily have a local shop make them. This was a no brainer for my family and needs and glad to have provided MBG with the blueprint for the rails :) 

I agree it would appear that you could modify the 24 TRS to accept the backrest supports and rails but from looking at the area to mount the supports you would have to mount them to the backside of the rod lockers because the hatch on the 24 TRS covers the entire length of the surface unlike on the 22 TRS which leaves an access point on top just aft of the rod locker lid. By doing this it would then also affect speaker placement on the 24TRS if you integrated an outside the locker backrest support.  The 26 TRS backrests are a flip up style which is a totally different design. 

Good point on the rod lockers. I think your only option may be what I did prior to them offering the seat backs as an option on the 2200. See pic..sorry about the feet, it’s the only pic I could find. These are from birdsall marine and were really easy to do but you will loose the speakers there for sure and you do have to put a backing plate of some sort in the other side.

5AB9B0F7-8D15-4ADE-9400-E4CD95818CE9.png