25 hybrid

thereject

Just looking at photos, you should be able to set it up. If you are near one, bring a camera and a tape. Perhaps an owner can chime in with some measurements. You can also call the factory and ask for the console measurements.  Use cardboard for a mock up and cut out your faceplates. Figure out where you want them..

Marc

Maybe you can find a console photo with a known GPS unit installed. Then the math is possible. 

You can get a compatible gps and display your engine functions on-screen.  Then it doesn't matter how close to center of running sight you mount the Merc screen.

I'll poke around for a photo..   Anyone sure about the console: Unique to the Hybrid, or same face as other models ??

Marc

I'm not a Garmin fan but I noticed while trying to figure out what to put on my boat they make the same models with and without the buttons so the width is less on the touch only ones.  The boat manufacturers should list the dimensions of the mounting area a console has to work with on the specs on the web site .

Both dash mount. The 5 would just be basically a gauge. Mercury uses Simrad units for their displays. It would be very similar to the Yamaha 6yc gauge in the 5” model. I may just end up mounting it down below where they normally mount a them with just the 12 in the dash. 

The vessel view systems can double as gauges then also run full sounder, plotter, radar, etc. That’s the beauty of them being Simrad units. That was the only reason for wanting to dash mount rather than mount it below. So If I can squeeze a 7 in there next to the 12 it would be pretty beneficial to be up in the dash.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/20/2018 at 1:25 PM, slyshon said:

Yes we could do that but I will tell you that availability is an issue at moment. 

Skip

Skip, has the availability of the Mercury V8's improved and are they still an option for the larger Pathy's? I'm hearing that Mercury has possibly ramped up  production and the wait is closer to 3-4 weeks now. A 25 Hybrid with a 300HP V8 would be a sweet ride.