trim tabs required?? Light Tackle 20 200 SHO

smboudreaux

My LT20 is getting a new 200 SHO.  I have trim tabs on the bottom now but the are not functional.  Will i need functional tabs when i get the new motor put on the get the most out of it?  This seems like a pretty obvious question.  I'm getting to the end of my budget but if its gonna be a problem i'd rather just swap them out while the shop has it.  Hoping someone has a similar setup the get advice

As everyone says....yes!! Trim tabs are one of those "you must have" items, like a Power Pole, trolling motor, etc. You should be able to fix the ones you have using the existing stainless tabs, which are a major part of the price for new. Go with the Bolts if you can.. 

LOL, You just asked the most OCD group of boat owners on the planet if you should fix something that is broken on your boat without asking them to chip in!    Ask again and charge everyone who says yes $50 and see if the responses change!!    

(no offense intended, just had to laugh at my owm initial reaction!  Hell, I am OCD enough that without having a clue about the hull, I would probably still say yes.   But dont ask me!)

• Like 1

Mr. Lap It Up is correct!!! If my hydraulic Bennetts ever quit working, the key word is "ever" because they are 40 years old and work perfect,  I'm going with the Bolt retro kits!! Just helped my neighbor install them on his boat and it was very easy and they work perfect!! Good luck!!

• 3 weeks later...