Jackplate not working and other wiring question.

Waterguy

My 2017 atlas jack plate won’t go up and down. It doesn’t make any noises at all. I found the 40 amp fuse under the console and switched it out with a new one but still nothing. The fuse look good anyway. It has a three-year warranty but I was just curious as to what else it could be. It’s either the relay or the actuator. Taking apart the harness and everything looks like a pita. I was also wondering what the two  40 amp fuses are in the rear right compartment are for? Bulge pump? But idk. Any other ideas?

I had a similar experience with my 2016 Atlas JP a few months ago.  The first thing to try is:  disconnect the two main actuator wires from the harness, and touch them directly to the positive and negative on the battery, and see if the JP moves up and down.  If it operates while connected directly to power, the problem must be in the harness or relays.  Here's a link to the thread I started when it happened to me.  Hope it helps.

Yeah I saw a link on TH  website on how to do that but when I open the harness it was all solid wires and I traced it down somewhere into the bilge and couldn’t find the actual connectors.  It’s supposed to be under warranty so I figured I’d let the dealer handle it but I’ll give it another look.  I like the thread you started and your fix  that definitely seems the way to go in the future because I can see this happening again, thanks! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...