Prospective 21' MA Seller...

SWFL21

Hey folks, 

There may be a sad day coming in my future... I might be taking a job up north that will keep me away from my boat for quite a few months, and I think it may be best to sell it...

Its a '99 MA that I picked up last October with hopes of spiffing it up a bit, and fishing the heck out of it. Two overnight trips down to the glades, countless tripletail/snook/reds, and lots of smiles!

My question for you folks - am I crazy? It needs some love to make it NICE, and I would hate to have it sit for 6-8 months, and degrade even farther by not being used, but it works absolutely great as is.. 

Im not hurting for money right now, but some extra $$ in my pocket would also help fund a few more short term projects....

Lets hear it! 

Letting it sit for 6-8 months is not a big deal as long as you prep it for that. Question is how much Love does it need to make it look nice and is it worth it, and when you return are you going to use it as intended. If not sell it. It sounds like she may be a little rough as she sits right now. May have to invest some $$$$ to make it sellable or price it accordingly. Only you can make that decision. They are a great boat and may be hard to replace it when the time comes. 😀fin

Yep, I realized how open ended this question was after I posted it... I love the boat platform to death, but im also realizing I may want some more open water capabilities, so this could also be a good time to part with it. 

Theres a few dings and scrapes, but very average for a 20 year old boat. It has the original motor on it, but runs like a top, just oldschool ox66 (loves gas). I rigged up the big aft livewell and the fwd well, leaving the one on the port side un-plumbed. Could probably use a bit of cleanup in the wiring department. I have the livewells, nav lights and gps all running dandy. The trailer was one of the big buying points for me, its a 2 year old double torsion axle Rocket with surge brakes. Very clean trailer with tons of miles left on it. New AGM batteries put in it around November... It could use a good polishing on the hull, cowling has seen some sun, and the topsides could be shined up some. 

Its a solid boat, id imagine for the kind of person that doesnt totally care about looks, but may want to throw some hours into it down the road (like myself). It catches fish very well and thats what matters most to me :D

Ive got some more thinking to do, but maybe youll see it listed in the near future

Cheers

Archived