Rule pumps

Buzzarde

My 2018 24' pathfinder has had 2 of the 3 pumps fail with the main livewell pump failing twice.  I have used Rule pumps in my last 2 boats and never had an issue.  Has anyone  switched to a different type or brand of pump?  I am now storing a spare pump head and connector in the boat totally expecting to have to change it out within the next couple of months....

I also went through several Rule 500 pumps in my livewells in a short period of time, I contacted Rule and Rule admittedly said they had a production run with inferior components and were replacing all returned pumps for free. They have now replaced three of mine and I’ve had no issues with the new pumps. Let me be clear.....my new type are the 800  gph Tournament series with replacement cartridges. I upgraded from the 500’s. 

I used Rule pumps exclusively for 10+ years and it seemed I was replacing them every 6 months. I always just kept them stocked and tried to do the warranty shuffle when I could. The last 4 years I switched to Shurflo pumps. I have three pumps in my current boat two 800 gph & one 1100 gph. The first failure came just short of the 3 year mark and I just had my second failure last week at almost 4 years. The pumps have a 2 year warranty, but I'm more than okay with getting 2+ years from a pump. I use them a lot and I'm a believer they are a superior built pump to the Rule brand.

Shurflo states they have a patent on design for keeping the pump cooler than their competitors. 

Archived